Warrior Dash

Options
szimba
szimba Posts: 298 Member
I keep seeing different people's posts about doing the warrior dash so I googled it and it looks so awesome!!!! I really think it would be so fun to do but I'm not sure if I'm in alright shape to do it! Has anyone done it at a lower level of fitness and not died?? haha The one near me is 6 weeks away, how would I train for this??

Any imput, tips, or stories about your dash would be awesome!

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The obstacles were actually pretty easy. Do just a little upper body work (there is some rope climbing). Do lots of running to prepare. Lots, and lots, and lots of running. If you want to finish in a good time, consider it a 5K and train for that. The obstacles between the spurts of running are almost like breathers.

It was SO fun and I really think you should give it a try. I saw plenty of very overweight folks doing it, loving it, and having a blast. So no matter what weight you are, what fitness level, you can go give it your best. (all obstacles are optional, if you feel like it. I finished all of them :wink:)
  • szimba
    Options
    Thanks!! I really think I'm going to sign myself up! It looks so fun and exciting! Was there any kind of time limit?
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sarah is spot on. I did one here in Texas in March & had a blast. People run the whole thing & some people walk the whole thing & every fitness level in between. I was mostly worried about the obstacles but they turned out to be fun & not as hard. The most challenging obstacle was probably climbing the cargo wall but that wasn't too difficult. You also have to slow down at the obstacles & wait sometimes so you can catch your breath there. I did it w/ 2 friends and we are signed up for the Beach Palooza that the same company puts together this summer & will definitely do the Warrior Dash again. I think you should go for it!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    No time limit at all. They give out small prizes (like 20 dollars or so) to the top 3 male, and top 3 female.

But until you can beat 25 mins as a total time (I took 55 mins and I feel like I am in 'decent' shape) then don't push to be the ultimate winner.

All I wanted to do was defeat the obstacles, get dirty and bruised like a kid again, and to finish in under an hour. Which I did!! There were plenty of people out of the 6000+ who participated in the 2 days this weekend (yep I did it only 2 days ago!) that finished in 3hrs plus.
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I'm doing the one in PA on June 11th with a group of friends from a weight loss support group. My goal is just to finish it, don't care how long it takes me. I've always been a couch potato, just started exercising this year. I'll never be a runner but I'm sure I can walk from obstacle to obstacle. I've been going to water aerobics once a week for the past 3 months and have tried a few zumba classes but have 2 left feet and can't keep up, lol. I also use the exercise bike and elliptical and do some strength training at the gym but need to go there more often. Wish me luck! If I can attempt it anyone can, just do it!
  • szimba
    Options
    I'm going to do the PA one too!! I'll prolly end up doing it on the 12th tho!