Skinny Margarita Recipes?

Options
bnv08
bnv08 Posts: 33 Member
Hey all! So, cinco de drinko is on Thursday and I am going out with friends to celebrate. However, for our pregame instead of ruining my whole day by drinking the regular sugar/calorie loaded margarita mixer I was wondering if you guys know of any good low cal mixers. Or, if you have any recipes to make your own. Any advice would be helpful, since I refuse to drink the completely crappy mixer, and I don't want to have to resort to shots of tequila all night haha. If you guys have any tips let me know! Hope everyone has a great holiday ;)

Replies

• lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Have you tried skinny girl margaritas..yummy!:drinker:
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Have you tried skinny girl margaritas..yummy!:drinker:

this is my lifesaver at parties/get togethers. very yummy!
  • Nursebeachnut
    Options
    Go on the site Hungrygirl .com......lots of yummy stuff! Enjoy!
  • bnv08
    bnv08 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes I've had them at restaurants, soooo good! Thats were I got the idea to make my own. But I'm not sure what stores actually carry low cal mixers.
  • beckayjoe
    beckayjoe Posts: 8
    Options
    whoa whoa...what is a skinny girl margarita? Is it a brand name or something? Because Margaritas are kinda my drink of choice, and if there's a skinnier way to do it, I'm game! :D
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    dont use a mixer, just use lime juice. yummmmy!
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    whoa whoa...what is a skinny girl margarita? Is it a brand name or something? Because Margaritas are kinda my drink of choice, and if there's a skinnier way to do it, I'm game! :D

yes it is a brand name!!! you can also youtube how to make one... it is bethany frankels brand of drink. I haven't been to a liquor store that didn't have it.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I just googled it and you can type in your address and it will tell you stores that carry it near you!!
  • beckayjoe
    Options

yes it is a brand name!!! you can also youtube how to make one... it is bethany frankels brand of drink. I haven't been to a liquor store that didn't have it.

ahhhhh! I totally just did like a squirmy-in-my-computer-chair dance of joy!
  • beckayjoe
    Options
    I just googled it and you can type in your address and it will tell you stores that carry it near you!!

gah! so checking this out immediately! I rarely get a chance to drink but I hate having to scrimp or practically starve myself or just skip the drinking altogether in order to stay down on cals.
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Skinny girls are soo delicous! I drank a few...well ok, I drank the whole bottle one night, after not having had a drink in about 2 months, whooooaaaa, did I pay dearly, spent the next day on the couch! :sick: Haven't dared buy them since, they go down ohh sooo easy! ENJOY!!:drinker: