Ice Cream

Options
buying it during TOM is a bad idea! I was in the ice cream aisle for 15 minutes trying to decide, ended up buying a box of ice cream sandwichs for the boyfriend and some ben and jerrys for me. bad girl!!

Replies

• aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest reasons I hate TOM....it makes my cravings extremely hard to resist.....lol
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    Oh man, I was in Walmart today and saw Blue Bunny Red Velvet Cake flavored Ice cream. Took me everything I had not to put it in my cart.
  • KristenAnn711
    KristenAnn711 Posts: 783
    Options
    I hardly ever buy ice cream so I wanted to treat myself today
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are ice cream addicts, especially me actually :) we have recently been getting weight watchers and skinny cow ice cream bars, portion controlled and low fat, I love the skinny cow truffle bars, 100 cal each! taste like rich chocolate ice cream and soft and creamy as something I would dig a spoon into.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are ice cream addicts, especially me actually :) we have recently been getting weight watchers and skinny cow ice cream bars, portion controlled and low fat, I love the skinny cow truffle bars, 100 cal each! taste like rich chocolate ice cream and soft and creamy as something I would dig a spoon into.

Skinny Cow products are really good:love:
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge ice cream fan. There is no "one or two cartons" in the freezer. We have an extra freezer, so when ice cream is on sale, we have bought it. I've had 12-15 different flavors handy at any one time. I wasn't massively overweight, but I definitely ate more than one serving at a time (those serving sizes are tiny!).

I still continued to eat ice cream as I lost weight (now in maintenance mode), but I just ate it less often, and in regular serving sizes. Once or twice a week worked for me. I have zero interest in light ice cream or any of that stuff, so I still eat the "good" stuff - I'm just smarter about how I'm eating it instead of making a large bowl for a late night snack.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I looooove ice cream, but I am discovering that sometimes frozen yogurt will also do the trick. My husband and I went to a self-serve fro-yo bar, and I was in heaven. They had cheesecake flavored no sugar added! I put fruit on it and a tiny bit of sugar free chocolate sauce for that chocolatey taste. It nipped my craving for ice cream in the bud!
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine staying away from ice cream! Recently I've switched to fro-yo, just as tasty and creamier!! 2 servings is more than half my "old serving size" so I've cut back a lot. And now instead of having it nightly it's only a couple nights a week. :laugh:

Speaking of...now I want a bowl! The Edy's double fudge brownie is Ah-mazing!
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mmmm ice cream! I think I'm going to have some fat free frozen yogurt tonight.