not losing!

Options
I noticed that I'm not losing weight,but my pants are loose.. I'm exercising is that muscle weight?

Replies

• lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    Options
    Yes! I noticed my clothes fit different but I had hardly lost any weight, and then the weight started dropping. Better to feel it in your clothes than to see it on the scale!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    When you start a new exercise regimen you can gain up to 4lbs in water weight from muscle recovery. You might be losing fat but still holding that water. Wait a couple weeks and see what happens!
  • xcountrymom2
    xcountrymom2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering, are you staying under your calories that you are supposed to? Yes, muscle weights more then fat, but if you stay under your calories you should lose something, although, my sister has a hard time and has the same problem. She also carries her weight in her middle section. Have you had your thyroid checked? Her thyroid is bad and she does have to take synthetic thyroid medicine for it.
  • rharvey75495
    Options
    If your pants are not as tight, then I'd have to say that it probably is muscle weight...who doesn't want muscle weight?
    I'd start measuring in. or cm. if you really want to keep good track.:wink:
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    isnt that the best feeling...lol...I didnt loose for a month but my clothes started fitting bigger. Last week was my first week to loose again so ya its the muscle!! nice job keep it up!