prevent binge

Options
I just had an awful binge!!!!
I'm so disgusted but not gonna make myself throw up cuz I used to do that and now I've been cured from anorexia and "should know better".
but in curing me they made me fat!
I can't seem to loose any weight any more it's like my body's been so deprived now he is taking revenge.
i've been on a diet for 3 days and I already binged like crazyyyy!!!!

what do u girls do to prevent a binge? so maybe I'll control myself next time instead of feeling like crap ( a huge crap) right now

Replies

• laine23
    laine23 Posts: 39
    Options
    I just had an awful binge!!!!
    I'm so disgusted but not gonna make myself throw up cuz I used to do that and now I've been cured from anorexia and "should know better".
    but in curing me they made me fat!
    I can't seem to loose any weight any more it's like my body's been so deprived now he is taking revenge.
    i've been on a diet for 3 days and I already binged like crazyyyy!!!!

what do u girls do to prevent a binge? so maybe I'll control myself next time instead of feeling like crap ( a huge crap) right now
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Okay...first off....breathe....

Secondly, no throwing up. This is a new life, we have to develop NEW habits not revert to old ones.
    Also, "knowing better" doesn't always make it easy to follow what we know.

Thirdly, remember that anorexia takes a HUGE toll on the body. It will take it time to heal itself. Simply gaining weight is not the only "healing" that has to take place.

Don't look at this site as a "diet" plan, cause it's not. This place is about changing your lifestyle and to have a healthy attitude about food and what it does for our bodies.

I binged yesterday. Today is a new day and one to start over, which I did.
    No foods are off limits to me, I am accountable for ALL the calories I put into my body and I log ALL of them. Sometimes seeing how much food affects you will change your attitudes about them.

For example, on days I go a little TOO "carb happy" I feel like crap the next day.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Im not a girl, but a piece of advice:
    Next time you feel like binging log on here and read some posts.
    Or feel free to binge, but on good foods, like grapes apples and raisins and watermelon and carrots and.......the list goes on.
    And drink plenty of water to keep yourself "full"
    You could have easily messed up your metabolism some what from being anorexic, so it may take some time to get it used to eating and knowing what to do with food again!

Another good deterent, log in the foods you feel like you want before you eat them, you can see how BAD of an idea binging would be if you see the calories and fat and sodium in numbers in front of you!
  • laine23
    Options
    thank u guys I know anorexia messed up my body and I don't really wanna diet to loose weight but to feel better about myself. I sure 'd like to develop healthy habits and go back to sports (which I stopped completly cuz I had not enough energy while to thin and then when I gained the weight back I felt somewhat "to fat to move my body" (i know I'm not that fat by the way ;) )
    I just discoverd the website and it seems so great with so many helpful people
    again thank u guys!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    thank u guys I know anorexia messed up my body and I don't really wanna diet to loose weight but to feel better about myself. I sure 'd like to develop healthy habits and go back to sports (which I stopped completly cuz I had not enough energy while to thin and then when I gained the weight back I felt somewhat "to fat to move my body" (i know I'm not that fat by the way ;) )
    I just discovered the website and it seems so great with so many helpful people
    again thank u guys!

You are very welcome.
    I did notice that you only want to lose a little bit of weight.
    For a lot of people with eating disorders it's about controlling something (trust me...I know).
    This site is offering to help with that, cause you can control what you eat and you can actually see that by the journal.
    Take it slow....learn about foods and what you like and don't like.
    What direction you want to go.
    Some go for all natural foods.
    Others choose a form of vegetarianism.

These are things you can think about as you start on this journey.
    The next is finding out what you like and are happy with.

We are all here to help
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    And on the up side, now that you are full of calories, you should have plenty of energy to go burn them in exercise. If you can, try and do something that will make you sweat for 30 minutes. Outside, inside, dancing around your house. Whenever I overdo it, it doesn't fix it, but it helps me make me feel like better mentally too.
  • laine23
    Options
    chubbybunny : know what...i've been vegetarian for a looooooooooong time (eating animals yeark) but now I'm eating fish though

and otherwise u're right I'm gonna exercise a little when i'll feel less full
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    chubbybunny : know what...i've been vegetarian for a looooooooooong time (eating animals yeark) but now I'm eating fish though

and otherwise u're right I'm gonna exercise a little when i'll feel less full

See....this is a good step.
    Love vegetarians though.....such will power....I totally lack.
    Try a few things....I mean you may find a few other things you like now that you didn't (not just talkin meat).