feels good to see "if every day were like today you'd weigh

Options
I love completing my diary and MFP telling me how much I would weigh in 5 weeks today was my lowest it ever told me (170.8lbs) in 5 weeks a HUGE smile just came over my face anyone feel the same when they see this at the end completing the diary?

ext_feelsgoodman.gif

Replies

• pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    I love that but sometimes it makes me want to consume too few calories to get there, ya know? Sometimes if I crave a not-so-healthy thing I type it in and see how it changes my overall day and determine if it's worth it that way. It is really great motivation though!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    w187895830.jpg
  • RadicalCharlie
    RadicalCharlie Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like it, but I aim to be less by that time.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I put that number in my notes under my diary...This way I can look back 5wks and see if I actually am close to what they predict. :D
  • shortcake05
    shortcake05 Posts: 31
    Options
    Yes I am the same way! I see it and I'm like "oh REALLY?!" I get these mental images of looking amazing in the mirror and feeling elated with myself. Or being able to run a race faster because I weight less. It is a great motivator!
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    omg! I love seeing that at the end of the day!! I actuallyhave been keeping track of the numbers on my calendar so I can compare what I actually weigh 5 weeks later. It's awesome! Sounds a little nutty- I know ;)
  • jess_steich7
    Options
    That is my favorite thing to do at the end of every day!
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    I'm kind of bitter about it because it never actually comes to fruition. If I wasn’t so curious about how it was going to lie to me, I would not even close out my diary….but alas, I still track it….and it still is a lying *kitten* to me…..hoohumm
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    its cool to see it until u have a super ****ty day and then it tells u u would gain .5 lbs a week for the next 5 weeks... yupp... that was my saturday and sunday! lol!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    What's really cool is to do a chart, advance the 5 week predictor by 5 weeks and compare it to your actual weight in 5 weeks. This tells you how much you are fudging. Then again it may bring your sodium into question.

Once I started recording my own recipes and got my sodium under control the gap between the 5 week predictor advanced and actual weight decreased from about 11 lbs to about 7 lbs. Oh one more thing I did a 7 day average of the 5 week predictor advanced.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    love it too :)

Check out this calculator which gives you basically the same projected weight loss figure, but way past 5 weeks, like 6 + months depending on how much you have to lose!

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

It also takes into account your activity level...I always put sedentary, better to underestimate activity!