cooking ideas?

Options
cjeepgal
cjeepgal Posts: 8 Member
I have been relying on pre packaged foods to help me with portions and to save time...however the sodium content is really getting me. Anyone have a good resource for easy healthy ideas for dinners and lunches?

Replies

• farrah_eliza
    Options
    I do the same thing!! buy tons of snacks and frozen dinners for lunch- lot s of sodium!
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am the same, however I have started cooking and freezing on the weekends. Check out my reciepes

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/box
  • funinthesun05
    Options
    For breakfast, have an herbalife shake! They are so yummy and only about 150 calories. They also keep you full for about 3 hours.

For lunch, have you lunch meat and/or cheese in a piece of iceburg lettuce (American style lettuce wrap)

For dinner, make a full portion of something healthy and yummy, then portion control it. You can put your leftovers in the fridge or if you are nervous about eating too much, stick them in the freezer. Then, you have your own frozen dinners to try out
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I used to make a ton of food on Sundays then freeze portions in tupperware for times when I have no food. I'd make a stew or one-pot dish. I also made hard boiled eggs for emergencies, and mini quiches in muffin tins (but I do low carb so I can have fat, I just made them with no crust.) I would bring a bag of salad greens to the work fridge, I would bring a glass microwaveable container of meatballs (they were home made with no breadcrumbs in them and grass fed or organic meat) to work too. I would just eat things like that. It helps to have things in one-meal containers, if you travel glass ones are good because they go from fridge to microwave and you don't need to bring another bowl. Sometimes I make a fast soup from store-bought organic brother, kelp noodles or "no oodles" brand noodles (there is a post about them on here somewhere titled Shiritaki noodles, I may have spelled that wrong). . . meat of your choice, veggies of your choice.

Just make a bunch of food that goes with your diet on one day and put it in food containers so you can bring it with you.
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    My best advice is take a look at www.healthyfood.co.nz I am sure you will love it!!!! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I take snacky foods for lunch at work. A cup of plain yogurt, a handful of nuts, a ziploc baggie of kashi cereal and a thermos of almond milk, almond butter on whole wheat bread. A bagged salad.

Stuff I can just chuck in the car and go! I tend to eat the same stuff over and over again. If I cook a healthy dinner the night before I will take leftovers for lunch in the tupperware.

Def. going to have to stop processed everything to control sodium, it's the only way to keep mine near (hardly ever under) 1500 mg/day. Good luck!
  • cjeepgal
    cjeepgal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks for the great ideas!!! Very helpful