Stage Three of 17 D.D.--Feeling Sick!

Options
Hello All,

I am on stage three of the 17 Day Diet, and I am supposed to be adding various foods back into my diet. I am noticing that I feel very sick to my stomach when I eat pasta, cheese, and bread-- three foods I have not eaten in over a month (with the exception of cottage and feta cheeses).

On one hand, it is a sick enough feeling that it makes me want to stick to more "clean" eating; but on the other hand, I would really like to eventually eat a "normal" and balanced diet. Does anyone have advice to transition my stomach back to reality? Maybe I should just stick to the veggies, fruits, and proteins (I am vegetarian) since I still have significant weight to lose.

Replies

• ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    If it's been a month since you had these foods and they are making you sick, it's possible that you have an allergy, sensitivity, or even a gallbladder issue that has come to light after your "fast" from these foods. I would take it up with your doc and see what they think.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Stick to what you're doing if it's clean eating!
  • trevisam
    trevisam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a knock off of the atkins or phase 1 of the south beach diet...you should slowly start to reintroduce the good carbs...your body needs them for energy.