question about arms

Options
So I have been doing the 30 day shred and stationary bike and have developed some arm muscle in my biceps but have alot of back arm fat left is there any way to make this shrink keep in mind I have no knowledge of how to lift weights. thanks

Replies

• llm12
    llm12 Posts: 49
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' "No More Trouble Zones" hits the back of the arms pretty hard. I have noticed a change since I started the video.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The back of your arm can be changed with strengthening and building up of your tricep. Look up the 'tricep' muscle on google or anywhere to learn more about it.

If you have weights available, start with a 2 or 3lb weight and hold it in your hand. (if you do not have weights, maybe a 20oz bottle of water - full! will work :smile:) raise your arm directly above your head. Keeping your elbow and upper arm where it is, move your forearm and hand behind your head in a downward motion, then bring it back up. Do this 15-20 times on each arm. This is a tricep extension (I think). It works mainly your tricep but also a teeny bit of your other arm/shoulder muscles.

You can look up tricep workouts and see if there are any you can manage as a beginner :) go for it!
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The other thing to realize is that you cannot spot train away fat or extra skin on your body it's been proven time and time again. These exercises will strengthen the muscles there, but it might not necessarily firm your arms up all that much right away.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You don't really need weights to tone, define, and strengthen arms. Push-ups work the chest, triceps, and shoulders. Also, you can use a chair to perform tricep dips. There's a variety of all over body routines that can define your muscles through calisthenics alone. So long as you are performing the exercise properly. Varying positions can work out different muscles, for instance, with push-ups, by not having your arms and wrists in line with your shoulders and deviating the angles a bit, you may be able to work out shoulders and back muscles, but doing them incorrectly may cause injury if you're not intentionally performing those moves with that purpose.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' "No More Trouble Zones" hits the back of the arms pretty hard. I have noticed a change since I started the video.

I'm doing that video too, i can definately see a difference. It's a hard workout.