60 lbs gone 15 to go!

Options
2»

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    You look great, fantastic changes. Share some of your story with us please. What kept you motivated. Any methods that seems to stand out??
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You look hot! But why do your clothes look so baggy? You worked hard for that body... show it off properly! :)
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Way to go!
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look great!
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Wow good job! Awesome!
  • bmramsey0614
    bmramsey0614 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @nutshel. Well my story is pretty simple. Starting this fall I will be beginning pharmacy school. Last fall I jumped on the scales and saw I was at 245 pounds and knew something had to change. I knew that I would be in the healthcare profession in a few years and knew I would be giving all types of advice. Including why it is important to live a healthy lifestyle. So I began to practice what I will be preaching in a few years.

I first started out dieting. I lost around 30 lbs fast. Then I stalled for a couple weeks. I then decided to make my "diet" more of a lifestyle change. That has been one of the hardest things I have done. I still struggle with it today. It is hard to go out to eat and not get something fattening or absolutely terrible for you. But I have managed for the most part.

What I eat: I try to eat a lot of protein in the morning. Normally I will eat a half a cup of egg whites for breakfast with salsa on a wrap. Or just a cup of egg whites with salsa. Lunches vary from salads to wraps to some TV dinners. I generally stay clear of them but there are a few that you can find that are okay for you. For dinner I normally have some tuna or chicken. Tuna in water that comes in the packs make a great wrap or salad. Chicken I normally bake and eat with fresh veggies. I also try and eat 2-3 snacks a day usually consisting of fruits and veggies. The only exercise I have done is running and biking. I would go to the gym and get on the treadmill for 40 minutes and bike for 30 to 40 minutes. I tried to burn at least 600-700 calories.

@MissbusyLizzie. I am still not at my weight goal which I am hoping to achieve in the next month and a half. Some of my clothes are bigger because I bought them when I was at 245 while some still fit. I have purchased a lot of new clothes but they are still a little small to make sure I get to my goal weight. So for now I am using my old clothes :). Also, I am not 100% comfortable with my body still so having baggy clothes makes me feel a little less self-conscious.

Also, I really do appreciate all the comments. It means a lot because I do struggle with my body image.

Goodluck to everyone who is on this journey with me :)
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You are looking so, so fine! Better put on a suit of armor to fight off all the ladies! Seriously though, great work and a wonderful accomplishment!
  • carro585
    carro585 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So handsome! I'm honestly surprised that you have 15 to go...you look so thin and fit as is!
  • zainyk
    zainyk Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look seriously amazing. Motivational.

Great work.
  • lauralhicks
    lauralhicks Posts: 168
    Options
    You go looking pretty good there!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    looking good! congratulations!!!
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look really good. Not that you didn't before... Keep it going!!!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are very good looking! Great job......look out girls here he comes!
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    good job keep up the good work
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your after photo made me raise my eyebrow! Wink!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Wow you almost look like a whole different person! Congrats on the loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!