The Goal is 20 Lbs by Halloween!!!!

Hi Everyone!

I have to first say that this is the best weight loss website I have found. It is so easy to use and FREE!!!!

I am a 25 year old manager at a well known hospitality company and have been here about 18 months. In those 18 months it took me 12 to gain 30 lbs. and the other 6 months to just try not to gain more. Since i started this website (and another that i hated) I have lost 15 pounds. I really want to lose 30 more and am open to any friendships or challenges along the way. My hope is to lose at least 20 by Halloween.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!!!

77870.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Hi Everyone!

I have to first say that this is the best weight loss website I have found. It is so easy to use and FREE!!!!

I am a 25 year old manager at a well known hospitality company and have been here about 18 months. In those 18 months it took me 12 to gain 30 lbs. and the other 6 months to just try not to gain more. Since i started this website (and another that i hated) I have lost 15 pounds. I really want to lose 30 more and am open to any friendships or challenges along the way. My hope is to lose at least 20 by Halloween.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!!!

77870.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    :happy: Sounds like a great goal, I just joined this week, and everyone is so nice here...good luck Zoe
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Welcome to the fam

Dive in!
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    welcome! :)
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Hi & welcome,

I've just started my weight loss journey, or I should say getting ready to start. I think your goal sounds great, good luck. I will attempt to do it with you. How shall we begin?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    I'm trying to think of a way to put this so it doesn't sound contrite or admonishing. Before I say anything else, Crystal I want you to know that I'm not saying that this goal is impossible or that I'm against it.
    with all that being said, I don't think 20 lbs in 2 months is a realistic or reasonable goal. I guess a lot of that depends on if you have been working out right along or if you are just starting, waterweight could contribute mightily to this, and if that is the case then you may, in fact, reach the goal. But this goal basically says you want to lose about 2.2 to 2.5 lbs a week. IMHO this is an unreasonably high amount of weight to lose from someone who isn't even close to morbidly obese. Now if you said by thanksgiving I would probably be fine with it. But 2 lbs a week is a VERY high loss rate, usually reserved for people with over 50 to 75 lbs to lose. Has it been done by people who need less then 40 to lose? Sure. Is it common or normal to lose this much? No.
    I just don't want you to set goals that are unreasonable and then falter when/if you realize you can't reach them.

If you are stuck on attaining it, then I wish you the best of luck. I just hope you stay healthy, keep eating a healthy diet, and don't get angry with me for pointing this out.

I'm no doctor, all I am is a concerned fellow MFP'er who hopes for your best.

regards, (I really hope this doesn't come out sounding wrong)

-Banks
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Thanks for all your informative tips, Banks! I really appreciate them, and I'm sure alot of others do, as well.
  • Thank you Banks for the thoughts. It is not discouraging and is definitely appreciated. My body type is very different than the usual 200 pound female. I was able to lose 20 pounds in this amount of time in the past (like 3 years ago) and am hopeful but not set on this being the result. If I reach 15 lbs. than I would be very excited! I am the kind of person that would be happy about 15 not unhappy it wasn't the 20. Kind of that reach for the moon land among the stars mentality. But again never apologize for keeping it real and genuinely concerning yourself for others well being!