Does anyone else get a sore Tongue from eating certain foods

Options
13»

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    I also get ulcers on my tongue if I eat too many crisps.... my lips swell when eating salt & vinegar pringles. I think kiwi also has a similar affect on my lips.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I have geographic tongue (it's so weird...google it) and some foods make it feel weird or tingly. Anything acidic or sour, super spicy, etc.
  • RachyD21
    RachyD21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I saw the title of this post and thought 'Yaaaasss! It's not just me!' lol. I think it's definitely the acid that causes it. After eating anything with balsamic glaze on I wake up the next morning and my tongue feels like I dipped it in boiling water and then attacked it with sandpaper for good measure.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It's the enzymes in fruit (especially pineapple and papaya) that do that. They break down protein- which is what makes them effective as a meat tenderizer.

I really only read this thread to see if anyone mentioned Cap'n Crunch- which is hard on the tongue (shut up) and totally abrades the roof of your mouth. Although not as badly as a cereal they don't make anymore- King Vitaman. It was like Cap'n Crunch, only shaped like little crowns with lots of tiny points. Eating a bowl of the stuff was like oral dermabrasion.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It just feels sore not swollen or itchy and I actually got 3 tiny mouth ulcers/canker sores not long after :( it's a right pain but now I think I know what it is I hopefully won't have this problem again!

it's the acid...rinse your mouth out with water right after you finish eating them, it should help...pineapple does it for me, as well...
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I thought 'Pineapple!' before I even clicked on the thread :laugh:

Canned is fine, but fresh gets annoying.