EASTER Temptations?

Options
Gordie43
Gordie43 Posts: 9 Member
I did fine at the Easter dinner table, choosing wisely and only having fist-sized portions, with no seconds. But, the dishes of DOVE choc-caramel pieces positioned throughout the house got the best of me and I gained 8 belly-grabbing pounds back in 4 days of pathetic self-control. You know the rationalization: "how is one little chocy going to hurt me?". Easter is over and I'm re-focused after generously giving away the remaining chocs. Yesterday, I worked a shovel for 150 minutes of strenuous gardening. I wonder how many shovel-fulls it will take to melt away those 8 belly-grabbing pounds? I'll find out soon enough. I'd like to hear how you manage your sweet-consuming habits, especially during holidays where goodies are plentiful. TIA, Gordie

Replies

• ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatley I didnt. I was away for 2 weeks. I started off with good intentions but then started eating hot cross buns, my mums homemade chocolate cake and lots of other stuff. I put 6lb on. I drank lots of water when I got back and lost half of it pretty quickly. Holidays are a nightmare for me; I have no self control.

Well done on the digging, you will soon burn it off.
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I curse the Easter Bunny, especially this year since having joined MFP and being vigilant of the calories I consume each day. I can't say that I'm doing anything to keep myself from indulging too much, rather I took a pre-emptive strike and made sure the Easter Bunny brought things that were either in miniture portions (like mini reese's peanutbutter cups) or things that I didn't care for (like skittle candies.....I prefer chocolate :blushing: ). Byt he way, I do the same thing at Halloween time. I chose candies that I don't like to eat to hand out. That way I'm not tempted to eat it all before the big night :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!