Starting Over

Options
Hi, my name is Grace. I started to do this back in January - but I wasn't ready. So here I am now in May and starting all over again. I am finally ready to make changes to me. I guess you could say that I had a wake up call. It was called really looking in the mirror. I am doing this 60 day photo challenge thing on FB and came across some pictures of me from when my husband and I got together. Yikes! I am actually the size of 2 of me from then. I realize that people change - but there is no excuse for how I let myself go. Yes it is time for a change. My family has a history of health problems heart, diabetes, high blood pressure you name it. So I took a long look in the mirror and had a conversation with my doctor and now am taking the steps to lose the weight and reduce my health risks. I want to be around to dance at my grand-children's weddings, but its up to me to take the steps. Unfortunately, I am doing this pretty much on my own. I don't really have a support system....so I am hoping that Myfitnesspal - will be my support system and help me meet and surpass my goals.

Replies

• NicksFitClub1
    Options
    Hey hun I would love it if we could help each other stay motivated!! Add me so we can keep in touch!
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    welcome many of us have had the same wake up call

add me as a friend as I hear what you are saying

It has taken me 12 weeks to get here 17lbs lost 40 to go to get to my target weight

there is loads and loads of support here - just ask we all are hee for each other - my goal is for a long healthy life!

set your goals - make them realistic - your not going to lose 30lbs in a month do it sensibly and safely and have some fun

once some weight is gone you will see the difference

yesterday in the shops i put 7 x 1kg bags of sugar in my trolley and showed my wife this is my result so far and I explained mine was fat gone!

so go for it, and never never feel you are or have failed if things go astray on an occasion it happens
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I started this a while back and am just now getting into it as well!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi Grace!! You can do this, you have your goal, and you will get there!!! Best of luck and feel free to add me if you like, the added support is always a wonderful thing! :)
  • SavinGrace9875
    Options
    WOW! Thanks everyone. :happy: