How many lbs do you ladies usually gain during that time..?

Options
You all know which time I'm speaking of. That lovely one week a month. Woke up this morning and I gained a pound of my weight back. I usually don't weigh myself often and now that I have been, I take notice of every little fluctuation. Just curious about how it varies with everyone.

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't start mine until next week but I've already gained some water weight.. normally around like a pound or two. If I drink enough water to flush that out then I stay at the weight I currently am.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I feel as if I gain 7-8 pounds. It's miserable. The best is when it is over people ask me if I've lost weight...lol!!!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    As much as 9 pounds!
  • Nataliethin81
    Nataliethin81 Posts: 315
    Options
    Usually 3-4 lbs. It comes right off when it's over.
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    yeah its usually a couple of pounds for me .. course it could because all i do at that time is eat crap ! :P
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    Around 2 or 3.
  • aimgirl
    aimgirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It can be anywhere from 2-5 lbs for me. I try to avoid the scale for about 2 weeks out of the month because of it!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If I somehow manage to resist the salt & sugar cravings, I gain 2 to 3. If I don't ... then I've been known to gain 5 or 6! The 2 or 3 come off right away at the end...the 5 or 6 tend to hang around longer! (Duh.)
  • crystal10584
    crystal10584 Posts: 334
    Options
    so far only 1.6, but I seemed to have dropped it already and mine is due to rear it's ugly head this weekend.
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    I don't usually gain anything but I don't see a loss on the scale on the either x
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    2-3 for me...and it usually takes about 3-4 days afterwards for me to see my pre TOM weight and by then Im hoping to have lose a few extra pounds...started my TOM on exactly the 1st and Im up 2 pounds...
  • otgrouch
    otgrouch Posts: 21
    Options
    I find I was weighing myself way to often. I didn't seem to lose any weight. Once I started to only weigh myself once a week I started to notice the difference.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Usually anywhere from 2-5lbs. This last month I only gained a pound though, that was unusual...
  • drowningsea
    drowningsea Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't usually gain anything but I don't see a loss on the scale on the either x

Same for me.. I didn't gain this last time, but I was stuck at the same weight all week, then I dropped 2 lbs right away.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I may gain 2....ORRRRR....not lose anything for two weeks.....my weight will stay the same for two weeks (one for ovulation and the other for the actual week) which means only 2 weeks out of the month I lose weight.....uuuuughhhh!!! .......frustrating.......
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I start gaining about 4 days before anywhere from 1-4 lbs.
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ugh, mine is horrible. I can gain anywhere from 3-13lbs depending on how poorly I am eating, how much water my body decides to retain. I am hoping now that I am more active it won't be quite as miserable as 13lbs.

The only good thing is it comes off in a day or two.
  • laylabelle
    laylabelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Around 3-4lbs gain. Can lose it overnight though.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I find I was weighing myself way to often. I didn't seem to lose any weight. Once I started to only weigh myself once a week I started to notice the difference.

I'm definitely avoiding the scale until this time next week. I was SO bummed when I saw the increase this morning because yesterday morning I was almost down to 131. I was complaining to my mother and then she mentioned that I'm going to get my period tomorrow and it all made sense.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    As much as 9 pounds!

Me also. I will gain anywhere from 8-10 pounds that week. It is very frustrating!!