Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Ravenclaw

Options

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    HAH!! There was an error in Gryffindor's numbers. They came in at 0.73% - I'm not sure of the final numbers though because I can't find the new main thread. Does anyone know how to get to it?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237196-harry-potter-weight-loss-challenge

Here you go, azsuzi!
    Also, if you go to the last page of the first one, there's a little thing saying "Topic continued here" or something along those lines

Ahhh - thanks! I didn't realize that message would be embedded in the post so I totally missed it!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Muahaha, Gryffindors, trying to get ahead... nice try.

I took a nice walk on the bike trail near my dorm today and floated in the pool at the rec for a while. Does Floating count as exercise? :wink: I think it should.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    2 new recipes down and 1 to go. not doing great at getting outside-will keep trying tho. :happy:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    LAST!!!!!!!!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you mean when you sat recipes? Does that mean an entire meal, or just adding something new to another thing? Because I don't have a kitchen, and I cannot make new recipes very easily. If adding almonds and two packets of Splenda to my oatmeal last night counts as a recipe then I've got one done!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I tried out a new recipe! i made mini turkey meat loafs last night, i got the recipe from the biggest loser and they were AWESOME!! =)

http://www.dietsinreview.com/recipes/taras-turkey-mini-meatloaf/

i was able to make 12 mini loafs instead of 9, so it was probably around 90 calories each rather than 110. 2 was perfect with some veggies, and i still have plenty left over for lunch today :)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    What exactly do you mean when you sat recipes? Does that mean an entire meal, or just adding something new to another thing? Because I don't have a kitchen, and I cannot make new recipes very easily. If adding almonds and two packets of Splenda to my oatmeal last night counts as a recipe then I've got one done!

Hmmm... I guess if its a combination you've never tried before, then it would be a new recipe...

I, coincidentally, had already planned to make 2 new recipes on Sunday:
    spinach stuffed mushrooms coming in at 99 calories each
    banana bran muffins coming in at 97 calories each

Both of them were yummy!

I've gotten outside once this week, but I'm getting new tires on my bicycle today, so I'll be out a lot more now!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Oh, yeah - how'd all of you do on last week's challenge? Give yourself a house point for each day you exercised for at least 30 minutes and each day you met the water challenge. Add your house points earned to your signature so we can all see how you did!

I met the water challenge 7 days but only met the exercise challenge on 4 days, so I added 11 points for me.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Is the challenge this week get outside and exercise or is it try new recipes or is it both?
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Is the challenge this week get outside and exercise or is it try new recipes or is it both?

It's both - one exercise challenge and one food challenge.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Today's HP trivia from the main page.
    HP Post of the Day!

DID YOU KNOW ?
    tom felton did not read any of the harry potter books before auditioning, and at the audition the director asked each contender for the role of malfoy what their favorite part in the book was. when it was his turn, he said his favorite part in the book was the part at gringrotts, which is what the previous contender had just said. the director saw through this very quickly and thought it was funny.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I earned 14 house points for last week. Now if the scale moves too, I wil be happy
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    I got the exercise challenge 5 days but what was the water challenge?
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I got the exercise challenge 5 days but what was the water challenge?

The challenges last week were: "Food challenge: drink 8 glasses of water per day and add 1-2 glasses for every 30 mins of exercise you get.(if you want to drink more that's fine, just make sure the minimum is 8)
    Exercise challenge: do some sort of exercise for at least 30 minutes per day (can be anything-walking, running, swimming, biking, horseback riding, moderate house cleaning, weight lifting etc)."

This week's challenges are: "Food Challenge: Try at least three new recipes this week.
    Exercise Challenge: Try to get outside and do some kind of exercise for at least 20 minutes at least 5 days this week."

Don't forget to post your house points in your signature!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ravenclaw!!!!

Doing great on outside exercise (I walk every night). The different recipes is killing me though- I'm a creature of habit and eat the same things over and over again.

I've been sneaking in an early morning workout every day this week (I get up before the kidos) and I actually feel GREAT- although my butt is killing me!!!
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    So I am going to beer fest this weekend can I weigh in early on friday and have that still count in our house points?
  • beanie242
    beanie242 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I was getting ready to go outside for a walk and all of a sudden the wind picks up and the clouds roll in. GRRRRR!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question, From what day last week should we have started counting the house points from and what day did it finish, I only just saw the bit about the house points. This week, I have not done any new recipes and have been outside exercising every day but Thursday.
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This board is getting crazy! lol I'm so confused on house point. I exercised 6 days last week for at least 30mins. But I only did the water challenge 2 days (I barely get in my 8 glasses and I'm really bad at marking it on my food log)

This week I made a new recipe yesterday and today and I've done 3 days of outside exercise so far.

How many house points is that?

I'm going to have to make sure I check this board everyday from now on to check on challenges! Any friend that would like to help me remember, maybe send me a message to tell me the new challenge each week would be greatly appreciated!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    OK - Let's see if we can clarify the house points...lol

It looks like the main challenges run Sunday to Saturday, so for week May 1 - May 7, the challenges were:
    * some sort of exercise for at least 30 minutes per day: 1 point for each day you met the challenge (possible 7 points)
    * drink 8 glasses of water per day and add 1-2 glasses for every 30 minutes of exercise: 1 point for each day (possible 7 points)

May 8 - May 14 (these will be tallied with our Sunday weigh in):
    * try at least three new recipes: 1 point for each new recipe (possible 3 points)
    * get outside and do some kind of exercise for at least 20 minutes at least 5 days: 1 point for each day of outside exercise (possible 5 points)

And, as a little extra incentive, 1 point will be awarded for each day you drop in and leave a post :happy:

If you report your points earned each week with your weigh in, I can track them in our chart.

wishfuljulia - for week 1, it looks like you earned 8 points and so far this week you've earned 4.

For those of you on vacation or holiday, go ahead and weigh in as close to Sunday as you can. It will all even out the following week.

Here's the house chart with the final results for week 1 - sorry I'm a little late posting it :blushing:

RavenclawWeek1Final.jpg