Calories

MommyW
MommyW Posts: 33
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Do you really think that burning 400 calories allows you to eat this much more??? I find that I am eatting way too much..

Replies

• MommyW
    Do you really think that burning 400 calories allows you to eat this much more??? I find that I am eatting way too much..
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    I was wondering that when I first started, too, and this thread is absolutely fantastic at explaining how that works:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

check it out :)
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Mommy-
    I really don't try and eat all my exercise calories. I tend to burn between 300 and 1000 depending on the workout day. I just try to eat to satisfy hunger. Once I started eating smaller meals, this got easier. And I guess I should eat more, but with that much to keep up with, I don't want to get into "garbage disposal" mode, and need to eat more on days I don't work out just because I'm hungry. I just try to make sure that net calories are over 1200.
  • MommyW
    Thanks, that was really helpful..:happy:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    :ohwell: Nope I try not to eat all calories burned, I think you would be going in a circle and never getting anywhere..Zoe
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    YES you need to eat your exercise calories. Trust me. You do. This site already builds in a deficit. If you don't eat your exercise calories you are increasing your deficit. Increasing your deficit is NOT usually a good thing. Please believe me on this one. I have done tons of research on this. Ask anyone who has been doing this site for a long time. It really does work.

read the links in here, they may help.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Thank you Banks! I was just ready to post on here about your links!

Trust me, people. Trust Tam. Trust Banks, Trust all who have done what MFP recommends and that is eat your exercise calories! Now, that said--I did burn up over 2300 yesterday--did I eat every one? NOPE! Heck, who could? But I did end up eating about 1800 of them! Gotta love those nuts!

But if you're burning up 400 calories, you should be eating them all.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Thank you Banks! I was just ready to post on here about your links!

Trust me, people. Trust Tam. Trust Banks, Trust all who have done what MFP recommends and that is eat your exercise calories! Now, that said--I did burn up over 2300 yesterday--did I eat every one? NOPE! Heck, who could? But I did end up eating about 1800 of them! Gotta love those nuts!

But if you're burning up 400 calories, you should be eating them all.

I could eat 2300, with ease!
This discussion has been closed.