Not Logging all your exercise?!?!

Options
Fleur933
Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
Hey everyone. As spring has sprung (finally) in CNY I have tried (more and more) to walk (or ride my bike)places around my fair city rather than drive. I think it's just in general a cleaner, happier way to live. {for example i found a robin's egg shell on my way to the library this morning. I love those little moments} However, I already did a 'real' work out today. So...my question to you is at what point to you stop logging all your activity. I mean, I know what I am doing is good for me...but I don't want to end up with crazy numbers (ie...super low net cals).

Comments?
Suggestions?
Other happy spring morning stories?!?!

Blessings for a Happy Day!

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You could always change your setting to lightly or moderately active and only count workouts.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Bump! I was actually starting to think the same thing because I've been walking with my son a good hour or so every day and playing at the park, and just overall being more active now that the weather is nice. Sometimes I log it but sometimes I don't. My profile is set to sedentary so I suppose I could log most of it but it feels sort of weird to do that.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If you listed yourself as active or very active when you were setting your goals, then I wouldn't log the bike riding. If you listed as being sedentary, then the bike riding would count toward your calories burned. Either way, it needs to count so you don't end up eating too few calories and putting a stop to your weight loss.
  • Superdupermom
    Superdupermom Posts: 149
    Options
    I always log my exercise! I work 8 hrs but only put cleaning for 2 hr to 3 hrs and standing for an hr...just because you have the calories doesnt mean you have to eat them...just like you eating too much and logging it you should still log eating not enough just so you can see what you are and are not putting in your body....that is what the website is for! plus everyone can tell you how great your doing! and you can see how much you burned! great job biking BTW
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I log all my exercise. But my exercise consists of Zumba classes, weight training, walking, basketball, softball and soccer. So I feel like these activities are ones that I wouldn't do on a normal basis had I not been trying to lose weight.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You could always change your setting to lightly or moderately active and only count workouts.

Yeah...I was thinking that....but the days i work ( I work perdiem) I spend most of my day on my dupa and I don't want to overeat those days.....hmmmm....

Thanks everyone for weighing in!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options

Yeah...I was thinking that....but the days i work ( I work perdiem) I spend most of my day on my dupa and I don't want to overeat those days.....hmmmm....

Thanks everyone for weighing in!

You can change the activity level back and forth for the days you do extra activity. I don't think it gives you the same amount caloreis that you would burn if it were exercising.

For example I have a sedentary job. I get 1430 calories a day. If Ichange my setting to active I get like 1640. If I walk for an 2 hours like I did the other day, I burned 610 calories. There is a huge calorie difference and if you are doing that like 5 days a week your body will get used to it like it would a job so you wouldn't burn all those calories.