On Vacation

Options
Today is day four of our vacation and I feel terrible. I haven't been logging in for over a week, eating poorly and not drinking the water. We're either eating out, or eating with relatives that overeat and think it's funny. Celebrated a birthday - which means we're overloading on carbs.

Need all the advice and support I can get right now. djmom1984@gmail.com. Help me!

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I was on vacation over spring break and felt terrible.. I know where you are at.. so I decided to take control again. If vacation is supposed to be fun and feel good, then the only time I really enjoy myself is on days that I run. I set my alarm (Gasp!! On vacation??) and got up to go for an early morning run. The rest of the day was so awesome, that I did it the rest of the time I was there. I ended up *losing* four pounds over vacation instead of putting them back on! You can do it! Just get out there and walk, run, or find a gym that had day passes and get moving! Good luck!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to go camping so I understand. Start logging and at least hold yourself accountable for what you are eating. Start ordering water as your drink at restaurants. If you see the numbers adding up it may be easier to choose smaller portions and healthier foods. Good luck...add me if you need more friends.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've just come back from a 2 week holiday in Orlando, so I know how it feels not to have full control over your food.

But I have to say, if you make small steps to stay healthy - for example, drink healthier drinks (water, unsweetened ice tea), try to choose healthier sides (salads, vegetables), and try to fit in a walk or two - it will help you maintain your weight or make sure that you don't gain so much.

I only gained 2 lbs on my 2 week holiday, and I'm quite happy with that.