Boob size

Options
Ok so I have lost 30 lbs so far and my bra size hasn't changed! I started off a 36D and just got measured over the weekend at Victoria's Secret and I'm now a 34D. However, when I bought a 34D bra and tried it on after I got home, my boobs were still popping out of it! I am 5'5" and 130 lbs now with these huge boobs and I really would like them to shrink! Everyone says losing weight will do it, but it hasn't for me! I am a belly dancer and it's really awkward to have these big boobs and all I fit into are sports bras. It's very unattractive and I'm very self conscious about it especially when performing. Does anyone else have this problem? How can I get them to shrink without surgery?

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• jjones649
    jjones649 Posts: 15
    Options
    You just made my heart sink :( lol I was hoping the same thing!!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Sorry Kate! I don't mean to take your post off topic.....

But how many of you "guys" clicked on this thread because you saw "Boob Size" in the title??? Fess up!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options

But how many of you "guys" clicked on this thread because you saw "Boob Size" in the title??? Fess up!

LMAO
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    oh dear... I don't know what to tell you.. you are possibly just built that way!! Pushups and chest flys will tighten them up, but you may not lose the size!

I am also a 34D and with weight fluctuations, I basically go from a big D to a small D, but never out of the same bra size... In terms of measurements, as I lose weight, I don't really lose much in my chest. While I have lost 4" in my waist, I have only lost MAYBE 1" in my chest. I've come to terms with pretty much always being big on top. I totally feel ya on the sports bra and jiggling pain!
  • breezymom81
    Options
    I know that sucks...Mine never go down.In high school, my JR year I had a reduction because I was so big, 105 lbs and almost to a DDD! I was told they may come back, and they did I am back to a D cup and the more fat I loose and muscle I gain the larger they get! I will probably have another reduction again once I am done!! I hate i! But as for bras, hit the Just my Size and Playtex ones, they are not too bad and comfortable!
  • Suzanneg2011
    Suzanneg2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it sounds like you're at a good weight so I don't think your breast size will decrease. anymore Why is surgery not an option? Talk to your doctor, often times a reduction is covered by insurance if your breast size is causing back and neck problems, or severe dents in your shoulders from your bra. Mine was covered and my doctor was fantastic. There are virtually no visible scars. Good luck and congrats on your weight loss.
  • Lisita1971
    Lisita1971 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm just jealous...barely A here :(
  • Lisita1971
    Lisita1971 Posts: 12
    Options
    Unfortunately it sounds like you're at a good weight so I don't think your breast size will decrease. anymore Why is surgery not an option? Talk to your doctor, often times a reduction is covered by insurance if your breast size is causing back and neck problems, or severe dents in your shoulders from your bra. Mine was covered and my doctor was fantastic. There are virtually no visible scars. Good luck and congrats on your weight loss.

Too bad we couldn't do transfers!! lol :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Couple of things:

-Odds are that you weren't really a 36D to begin with. You were probably bigger and wearing old, stretched out bras that were 'sort of working'. So you've decreased in size more than you might think.

-Even if you had a been a 36D and are now a 34D, your breast did get smaller right along with your ribcage. Otherwise, you'd be a 34DD or 34DDD. So take heart!

-I don't think that VS does the best job of measuring people. And the style of a particular bra can influence the size you need as well. Try going to a good old fashioned foundation store and get properly measured there.

You may always be busty. I am too. Even at my thinnest, running 25 miles a week and doing a few half-marathons per year, I never got below a DD.
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! I've only lost 17 pounds and mine are shrinking. They weren't that big to begin with, only a B cup! Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick where the weight we lost came from.
  • breezymom81
    Options

You are so lucky, I look like I have been to a butcher! He was supposed to be some great surgeon and I have huge scars that cause pain 12 years later! I think if I do it again it will be insurance covered!
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem and would love to know how to reduce my breast size also. Everytime I lose weight they stay the same size which makes them seem even larger because of everything else being smaller. It is frustrating because you can never find anything that is attractive looking without looking like a sleaze that you feel comfortable in. Good luck in finding a way to reduce them without having surgery.I think that may be my only option at this point.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    :ohwell: I lost 30 pounds and stayed a DD - ;O( My hope was to go to a C but no such luck! I did find an awesome compression bra from Victoria Secrets that minimizes them for sports, give it a try it does help when I workout or run. It almost feels like they aren't there. LOL

I did drop from a 38 to a 34.
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I used to have very small chest size until I gained weight. I'm now actually quite happy that my boobs will stay the size they are now! ha ha! They aren't huge but are a lot bigger than they used to be. My boyfriend will like this news very much too.

My friend had a boob reduction a year ago and loved it!
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you support! I don't know if breast reduction is an option for me.. they don't cause me any pain, however they may affect my posture a little. My reasons for wanting smaller boobs is because I like the look of smaller ones and feel insecure about mine. I want to be proud that I've lost so much weight but no one can even tell because of my chest. I still look huge because my chest hasn't changed. :( so depressing!

What kind of doctor would I go to to discuss my options?
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    if only i had that problem.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

LMAO

LMAO too!!!
  • jphilipwood
    Options
    Guilty........I am sure alot out there who are not fessing up. I agree, give it some time....although as a male it seems counterproductive.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't shrunk either. I started out with a 42" bust and now have a 37" bust. But I'm still a D cup. I even bought some C cup bras awhile ago in anticipation, but I spill over the tops of them :(
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I want to be proud that I've lost so much weight but no one can even tell because of my chest. I still look huge because my chest hasn't changed. :( so depressing!

Even at my smallest I looked huge (well at least in my eyes) because my breast were/are huge. I feel for ya!