grilled chicken breast

Options
alexa137
alexa137 Posts: 68 Member
i need some good recipes for grilled chicken breast to add to a salad, when I make it doesnt taste good! i have like 4 or 5 breast tenderloins, it always taste so much better in the restuarants! help
thanks

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I use Weber Garlic and Herb spice. Shake on a lot. Then bake or grill. Tastes yum.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I like to fry it in balsamic vinegarette salad dressing with or w/o salad. Other salad dressings that I like are Asian and Italian (any kind, roasted red pepper or regular). I use the lite dressings so it doesn't add much fat but tastes good. You can also just fry it in teryaki sauce.
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    I think it's called Magic Chef Poultry Magic. It's a seasoning that you can buy at the supermarket in the spice section - I use it very liberally on chicken breasts that I cook on the weekend to eat in salads etc. during the week.
  • GooneyAngel
    GooneyAngel Posts: 90
    Options
    I usually marinate mine in a fat free Italian Dressing for several hours before cooking and I love the taste. I usually grill my chicken breasts, but, still marinate with almost any way I prepare it. Hope this helps.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yes......low sodium if possible....
  • emilylaura7
    emilylaura7 Posts: 51
    Options
    i use Chicken Seasoning (in the same aisle as all the other seasonings) and maybe a bit of garlic powder....even lemon pepper is good too!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice and black pepper

or

Olive oil and sea salt and black pepper

or

Fat free Italian dressing
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    I use low fat Italian dressing. Just a dribble over the top. Then I shake on BADIA complete seasoning. I let it marinate in the fridge. When I flip it and rub it around in as much dressing as I can get, I shake the seasoning on again (it's lower salt than some others). Then I grill on the top rack of the grill, lid down. Flipping as needed. Mine turns out delicious this way. :)

I've also used the weber's cracked black pepper. YUM but a little spicy.
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I use KC Masterpiece marinade. Put it in a big bowl, add some cayenne pepper to it, stir it up real well, then put the chicken in and let it marinate for a few hours. Then I wrap each piece in foil and put on a grill. That way you keep a lot of the flavor and juices in the chicken. Then right when they're done, I take them out of the foil and seer them on the grill to give it that "grill" taste.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    soak in a marinade for an hour then throw them on the grill...I did mine like that this weekend and used the leftovers for a salad...delish!
  • meandmybaby
    Options
    I like to use Adobo All Purpose Seasoning made by "Goya". It is found with the Spanish foods. I get the yellow bottle with the blue lid, says "WITHOUT PEPPER". Then also add a little onion powder and your own pepper to taste. I grill a bunch on the weekend so I can heat them up for lunch or a quick easy supper instead of the drive-thru. :smile:
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Juice of one orange, a tablespoon of soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Marinate in a zip-loc bag for an hour or so, then grill and serve with a light balsamic vinagrette (my favorite is Newman's Own)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    In the spice Isle I would pick up these spices

Johnny's seasoning
    Montreal Chicken Seasoning
    lemon Pepper seasoning

Sprinkle one of them on your chicken, cook in a tablespoon of olive oil, and then as it cooks baste it with lime juice and butter.

Melt one tablespoon butter and squeeze a whole lime, use that to baste up and over the chicken as it cooks...

I promise its delicious!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning is amazing on chicken....just might want to get the Salt free kind...b/c of the sodium....
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We have at one point fallen in love with this:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=179646

It says California Chicken Salad with Avocado and Mango but it is not a real chicken salad but a salad with grilled chicken. The whole thing is totally awesome, but we have also found that the marinade (which also doubles as the dressing) is so good just on chicken.

It is really easy and the only slightly exotic ingredient is ginger but that is cheap and lasts for a while, and mango chutney, which you can buy in a small jar (Indian/Asian section of the grocery store) and it lasts for a long time.

The first step is:
    1. Combine oil, juice, chutney, soy sauce, and ginger in a small bowl. Place chicken on large plate; spoon 2 tablespoons of the oil mixture over the chicken, reserving the rest for the salad. Turn chicken to coat, and let stand 5 minutes.

You can let it stand for longer too and again, if you split the marinade in half before adding the chicken, you also have your light salad dressing.

Another thing to consider and probably easier is a dry rub. I have found that dry rubs impart more flavor than sauces and they don't have all the sugar and HFC. Just throw the chicken into a bag or container, sprinkle some of the spice onto it, shake and let stand. Much less messy!
    McCormick has a Chicken Rub that is available in pretty much every grocery store, but you can often find some in fancier stores -- I am right now using a java chicken rub that has coffee in it, LOL.
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Love Mrs. Dash! Cut your chicken into smaller strips so you can get more seasoning on it. No added sodium or calories! Win/Win!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    I rub my chicken with pepper, poultry seasoning, paprika, chili powder, and a pinch of salt. I like things spicy so I will tend to add a lot of chili power
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Here's an easy one: I buy low fat soft cheese (with garlic and herbs is my fave) place the chicken breast on foil, spread the cheese over it, wrap it up and grill or bake in the oven for about 45 mins - very tender, moist and tasty. You can get several different low fat cheese spreads... Does it have to be grilled? Another trick is buy a carton of fresh soup that you like, tip it in a pan with the chicken and simmer for 30-40 mins.. very tasty and simple...
  • Michelebecker
    Michelebecker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try thowing a dry Fajita mix in with it for a tex mex flavor! :-D
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I will be watching this.. my husband was requesting some grilled chicken this coming week.. we never actually made grilled chicken before.. always on the stove.... so I am excited about it.. I'd love to see some recipes to!