Insanity anyone?

Options
I'm thinking of ordering this today. I finish P90X on May 14th and want the next challenge. Does anyone have any tips or insights to share? I'm loving the muscle that I've built up, and don't want to lose it (when I googled Insanity last night, that topic came up).

Replies

• JustGila
    JustGila Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    love it love it love it. Shawn T makes me dig deeper and Ive lost almost 7lbs because of it!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I just did my first insanity workout this morning....YIKES!! It was killer....I actually had to lay down halfway through....phew....my heart rate stayed over 180 most of the time.....and in about 20-25 minutes of it....I burned 249 calories....it usually takes 30 minutes on the treadmill to burn that.....
  • fasttrack27
    fasttrack27 Posts: 324
    Options
    I'm thinking of ordering this today. I finish P90X on May 14th and want the next challenge. Does anyone have any tips or insights to share? I'm loving the muscle that I've built up, and don't want to lose it (when I googled Insanity last night, that topic came up).

So on May 15 you might consider letting me borrow yours for a test drive? Message me...
  • thursty9
    thursty9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started Insanity over a month ago after watching one of the infomercials. I have to say the results are incredible! The only way you won't look good while doing Insanity is if you simply don't do it. I have to tell you that it's hard and some of the people in the video even stop to rest and then restart, but soon after your first few workouts you will have so much energy and can really do all the moves. I got mine half off from ebay after a guy tried it and quit after the first time. I haven't quit since. P90X is more about weight lifting and getting ripped which I didn't want to do as a super feminine woman, so Insanity was right up my alley. It has enough cardio to keep you lean and enough resistance training to get you toned. I take Syntha Six after the workout for a protein boost and I have lost 7 pounds of fat so far but most importantly, have gotten super lean (my jeans are falling off). I say give it a try! Recommendation: Do it with a friend. Shawn T is hardcore in the video and when you take a break and they keep going it could get you down. Seeing a buddy who is sweating just as hard as you and taking breaks makes you feel better and soon you will be battling each other to see who can get the most reps for more motivation!! Good luck!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a tough workout. It's faster paced than the P90X Plyometrics. The work that you did in P90X with the chest and shoulder workouts will now come in handy with Insanity. There is a lot of floor work in this program. Fast push up, plank work, and mountain climbers. I recommend checking out a few people on youtube doing the workouts. It's going to be great for you abs and overall definition.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity after one round of P90X, when I did my first P90X work out I was still at the same level as when I finished - HOWEVER, I did get the Deluxe version of Insanity and did the Upperbody weight workout at least once a week as well. I also threw in P90X shoulders, arms one day a week too - and continued P90X Yoga through Insanity. It's definitely a challenge and you will be pleased you did it.
  • SCFancher
    SCFancher Posts: 24
    Options
    How long are the workouts on Insanity? I started p90x, but with workign full time and having 2 toddlers at home it is very hard to squeeze in and I find myself doing it at nearly midnight each night. I love it, but need something that will fit better within my schedule. I have a channel on my cable that is called fitness on demand. Any of those programs that work well? I'd love to not have to spend a ton of $$.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    How long are the workouts on Insanity? I started p90x, but with workign full time and having 2 toddlers at home it is very hard to squeeze in and I find myself doing it at nearly midnight each night. I love it, but need something that will fit better within my schedule. I have a channel on my cable that is called fitness on demand. Any of those programs that work well? I'd love to not have to spend a ton of $$.

Many of the workouts On Demand would be effective and fun. We have done some salsa workouts through On Demand. All of the Insanity workouts are under and hour long. The first month workouts are under 40 minutes long.