Thinner thighs?

Options
I am a bottom heavy girl. I'm running into that issue that my jeans are one size for my stomach but another size for my butt and thighs and of course they don't match.

Any ideas of whys to trim inches from my butt and thighs?

Replies

• Peanutmanda
    Peanutmanda Posts: 103
    Options
    Bump, butt/thighs are a size 13 but my waist is a size 9... I really hope someone has some good answers lol.
  • kalmark
    kalmark Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I m in the same boat as you need some adive too?

kalmark
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the brazil butt lift? How bout running? Do you go to the gym? There are alot of different exercises you can do for your lower body. Best of luck.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ditto... same problem here!!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I actually saw some 'ghetto' jeans in a shop window. They come right in above the bum and are quite big for the bum and thighs. WIN.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have always had that problem. No matter how much I work on my thighs and butt they are always bigger. I say if you are natural bottom heavy, you should take pride in your big booty. Even though I didn't always like my big booty, I got compliments on it from just about every guy I dated. Just try to tone them up and they will probably get a slimmer but you might have to just accept and love your body for what it is. For toning of those areas, I use a dvd by Kim Kardashian called Fit in Your Jeans by Friday. It's a bunch of squats and lunges, it really works out that area and I always feel better about my booty after I do the dvd.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I have always had this problem and would LOVE to hear suggestions. Ah, curse of the "junk in the trunk" ... story of my life. :laugh:
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Running has really helped me in this department. Now that my waist is manageable my legs are starting to dwindle down.
  • butterfly0126
    Options
    I have the same problem but what i have found to work is walking and squats!! I have noticed a huge difference in my hips and/or saddle bag area and my butt has gone down 31/2 inches and that is with a 20 lbs loss in 2 months. Good luck!!!
  • Jlln_G1011
    Jlln_G1011 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I second the Kim Kardashian DVD - it's great!
  • swissmardi
    swissmardi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's my problem area as well, although with age my waist has caught up... (sigh) What helps me the most are squats as well as doing a step routine of 2 steps at a time to work the upper area of the leg. Also, maybe the best and most fun, walking up hill (both forwards and backwards). This exercise was given to me by a coach I had a couple of years ago. It really forms the thigh muscles...
  • DianeAuger
    DianeAuger Posts: 28
    Options
    Me too! Try just any exercise that will tone your legs. I lay on my back with 5lb ankle weights and do leg lifts, butterflies along with walking. Good luck!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Weight training and weight strengthening is the quickest way to shave inches... I have the same issue... I didn't realize that kim kardashian had a video, but she too is a bootylicious lady... i may just have to pick it up! my husband will get a kick out of me working out with kim! haha
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Domestica
    Domestica Posts: 91
    Options
    "Spot reduction" is an old myth in the exercise world and most trainers admit that it's just not legit. Yes, you can focus attention on one muscle group if you want to make other groups appear smaller but it's impossible to tell your body WHERE to burn fat from. Your best bet is to just keep working hard, eat clean, burn those calories, and eventually, your body will have no where else to burn fat so it will focus all it's attention on your trouble spots. Worked for me!
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You can't lose permanent weight in just one area without liposuction, but you can wear those sweat wrap garments, or herbal wraps that make you sweat and you will lost inches off those areas for short term... But it all shrinks when you lose weight, and all body types look significantly better when at an ideal weight. Don't stress over one area... Not to mention that a lot of men like a big booty!
  • Tami71
    Tami71 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have learned to suck it up and get a great tailor for the waist while I continue to work out.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I am down nearly 10 pounds and my thighs haven't budged yet. They will, but it's frustrating while my waist gets even smaller so my pants actually fit WORSE.

One bright spot in the clothing world I have found are Eddie Bauer Curvy jeans. They are made one size smaller in the waist than in the hips! The best fitting jeans I have ever, ever found for my shape. A bit pricey at around $60-70 (but well worth it IMHO) but you can find them on sale from time to time for around $25-30. They are also very good quality.

Eddie Bauer also has a fit called "Blakely" in their trousers and pants that is cut the same. I've gotten to the point where that's the only place I buy pants anymore.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/Women/Jeans/Womens-Curvy-Fit-Jeans-Denim/index.cat
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    You need to try different styles. Some are made fort those types of body shapes. I will try on 100 pairs of pants to find the right ones that fit my waist right and my thighs right. The only thing I found to truly work is losing weight all over and cardio/ toning exercises. I am beginning to think that the only thing that will actually get my thighs totally lean is lipo but I really do not want to have to go that route.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Sorry hon. Sadly fat goes from where it wants to go when it wants to go. Keep up the work and eventually they will start to shrink. Even when you are at your goal your thighs may always be a larger size then your waist. There are brands that cater to shapes like this, you just have to do some research.

Good luck!