Good foods to eat in the cinema?

Options
going to the cinema Tom night just wondering what my best options are for snackinginside? Any ideas

Replies

• lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    How about some mini pretzels or some chopped up veggies? I usually just allow myself a normal snack when I go. I'll eat a few pieces of licorice, a taffy or even a small soda. I'm not big on snacking at the movies but sometimes I just get in the mood.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The movies are a bad bad place. LOL!

For me part of the movie experience has always been a hot buttered popcorn and a big soda.

Only after coming to MFP did I realize that I was screwing myself twice, once with the obnoxious price mark up and again with the outragous amount of calories.

I simply can't recommend anything at the movies, and I've only been once since joining here.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    pop your own popcorn at home (fat free or like 93% fat free) and put it in sandwich baggie
    sometimes I make a trail mix... some granola, nuts, and either m&ms or chocolate chips to satisfy the sweet tooth
    and gum.. bring lots of gum :)

One time, my fiance and I went to the movies and had a free small popcorn coupon so we split it! I ate really well the entire day, drank water with it, and made sure I got a nice hard work out in to be sure I had the calories.. and we didn't add butter or salt to it.