Weird Tattoo issue

Options
Very weird NSV- I have a tattoo on my chest that seems to have moved over towards the middle/left side of my boob waaaay more than it was, so now its hard for me to cover it. Ive gone down two cup sizes in the chest area so im sure that has something to do with it... I still love the tat though, thank god.... Also have tat on my forearm has gotten much, much smaller. And finally, I have one on my hip/butt area where the writing seems thicker. Three of my tats have changed now. Im not happy about the one on my boob because I like that I could hide it, and the one on my arm still looks good so im not worried about that one. Who woulda thought tattoos would be affected!!!! Has this happened to anyone else? -Cass

Replies

• Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Not in exactly the same manner as yourself, but yeah the one on my boob has changed. At some point it will be coming off I do believe cause while I love it, it's not flattering anymore.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have a big fairy that used to cover almost my whole back. As I've put on weight, she's gotten much skinnier, lol (at least one of us was looking really good), so I assume that as I get skinnier, she's going to get fatter.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Yep I have a winnie the pooh on my lower belly/hip. When I gain weight so does pooh. He gets bigger. Now he's shrunk back up to his original size. :)
  • wilmelenne
    wilmelenne Posts: 113
    Options
    I have a lower back tattoo and it has gotten smaller....I just got a new tat that is vertical right under my shoulder blade. Im hoping that doesn't change that much cuz I love the way it is right now and it's still so new...only 2 days old! I figured that area of my body won't change so much. I hope it doesn't move around though...
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    yep. they'll move around a bit. I remember seeing a guy posting a pic of his arms. He had a tattoo on the left and it was crazy seeing how much it had moved over the course of a few months.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    This is why my tattoo is on the inside of my heal... who's ever heard of a fat heal???
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    LOL - sorry, I can't help but giggle at this! Thinking about Pooh getting chunkier and a fairy changing shapes! I don't have any tattoos, so I can't sympathize with you, but I do find your descriptions to be funny! :)
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    I have a daisy chain all around my belly button.

Needless to say it's looking a lot more presentable these days!!! :laugh: :blushing:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yep I have a winnie the pooh on my lower belly/hip. When I gain weight so does pooh. He gets bigger. Now he's shrunk back up to his original size. :)

I love that. .. so cute!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    My butterfly is between my shoulder blades so it won't be affected, but I could see that happening to people. I have decided to wait till I lose my weight before acquiring an more.:bigsmile:
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    yep. they'll move around a bit. I remember seeing a guy posting a pic of his arms. He had a tattoo on the left and it was crazy seeing how much it had moved over the course of a few months.

This has been one of my markers of weight gain / loss over the years. I got one on my calf eons ago (when I was thin) that has moved from center, to left and is moving slowly back to the center again.... I consider this a victory

However, I also made the (mistake?) of getting one on my arm (full upper) when i was at my heaviest 2 years ago - as I am losing weight the warrior women (two who bookend a row of mammoth books - long story) now look a wee bit under-nourished - not good for barbarian women, and soon they will be holding hands (they were not close to each other when I got it done...). I consider this a loss (and not in a good way).
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I had one on my lower tummy that was done when I was a fresh young skinny 18 year old. As I gained weight, it developed a giant stretch mark that completely ruined it. Once I have reached my goal, I will be turning it into a 4 leaf clover.

I'm also planning a memorial tat. It will be a walnut tree, with a child swinging from a rope swing in its branches. I'm debating over placement. On my inner arm, I can look at it all the time, but it is also very noticeable for things like work. (I'm a teacher). The other location I'm thinking of is my shoulder blade. Better for concealability, but zero points because I can't see it. I can also get it done bigger, more detailed if it is on the shoulder. Thoughts?

edited to say, the inner lower arm, like above the wrist, below the elbow. I'm worried it will have to be small there so as to fit it onto my forearm.
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have a flower tattoo on my outer calf. It's shrinking and moving. I like it. =)
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I had one on my lower tummy that was done when I was a fresh young skinny 18 year old. As I gained weight, it developed a giant stretch mark that completely ruined it. Once I have reached my goal, I will be turning it into a 4 leaf clover.

I'm also planning a memorial tat. It will be a walnut tree, with a child swinging from a rope swing in its branches. I'm debating over placement. On my inner arm, I can look at it all the time, but it is also very noticeable for things like work. (I'm a teacher). The other location I'm thinking of is my shoulder blade. Better for concealability, but zero points because I can't see it. I can also get it done bigger, more detailed if it is on the shoulder. Thoughts?

Might I suggest upper (outer) thigh? it could be a decent size, still completely viewable for you (I completely understand wanting to see it), yet concealable when needed (I also teach, and have trouble covering my arm to my elbow in summertime - not "hard" just hot hehe).

I know the portion that is on my bicep is wonky on a regular basis from picking something up to the way I might be standing simply because it's on a very movable body part.
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I got one on my hip about a year and a half ago, gained about 15 pounds and got two stretch marks through the lettering of it. It's not completely ruined, but those stretch marks will never go away. When I reach my goal and maintain for awhile, I'll get it touched up and possible get another one :)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My only current tattoo is on my wrist, so I have not really noticed a difference =) Even when I was 40lbs heavier, my wrists were still pretty small (talk about weird looking, haha)
  • court428
    court428 Posts: 34
    Options
    Ahahaha when I was young and dumb I decided I'd surely never have kids and got a tattoo on my stomach over the belly button. It started out about 2 1/2 inches big. Then whattya know, I end up having a couple kids, the tattoo grew with each kid and now is about 5 1/2 inches big! That's what I get though, at least I can cover it up. Not like I'm planning on wearing any halter tops anytime soon. I do have my arm half way sleeved now. Some of the work is only a month old. Thankfully it is all on my lower arm so I do not expect it to change much, my arms never really got big.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    That's my motivation for hitting my target weightloss. I want a big memorial one on my back with loads of different aspects to it so I'm designing while pushing to lose weight and tone up. Hopefully I won't have to wait that long :happy:
  • Beastiephile
    Options
    I have a large tattoo (that was) on the side of my right calf. Now that my calves are about half as small as before, it doesn't fit on the side of my calf and wraps around the back of my leg. It really does annoy me but honestly I doubt anyone else will notice that our tattoos are in a different spot, or changed or anything like that lol. We see them so much that we notice this huge change but i'm sure they still look totally normal to the unsuspecting person (I hope).
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This is why my tattoo is on the inside of my heal... who's ever heard of a fat heal???

Ha ha ... me too. I have mine on the inside of my left leg just above my ankel and it's verticle ... so I'm safe :)