To eat or not eat the chocolate covered peep. That is the qu

2»

Replies

• lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    That's how I feel as well. My diet is very low fat, carbs in moderation, and very little sweets. So I really shouldn't feel guilty about anything
  • lollie1285
    Ok, first off you cannot deny yourself chocolate for the rest of your life. I am losing weight and still having the occasional sweet treat. Second, looking at your pic you look like a beautiful young lady and I don't hink that ONE peep will kill you. Enjoy it and just do a little extra cardio or make up for it somewhere. A healthy lifestyle is not depriving yourself of treats for the rest of your life. It is comitting to watching calories so the occasional treat is just that, a treat that you can afford because of all of the other choices you make regarding food through the week. Lastly, tell me how good it is after you have it cause some ahole has put a bunch on them in the fridge I use at work and I am like, damn you!!!!

Thank you! And I can tell you right now, they are INCREDIBLE! If you like Peeps, that is. Nomnom.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Ick....peeps!
  • lollie1285
    Thank you everyone. I am going to eat the Peep. As you can see from my food diary today, I have done quite well, and will have sufficient calories left for my eggplant parmesan dinner tonight :)
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    It's one peep for peeps sake. Why not? Treat yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    eat it.

follow these 3 rules:

1 - plan for it. you're not allowed to binge on peeps, but if you consciously decide to enjoy one, have at it.
    2 - be accountable. log the calories.
    3 - enjoy it. no reason for guilt if you've followed rules 1 and 2.

you need to be able to keep up your healthy lifestyle. if that includes the occasional chocolate covered peep, so be it!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    I have something a little junky pretty much every day, be it chocolate mousse, crisps, sweets, whatever takes my fancy really. I think I ate about 15 mini chocolate eggs and one entire Easter Egg over the Easter weekend. Did I experience one iota of guilt? You must be crazy. Of course I didn't. They were absolutely delicious.

Of course, the bulk of my diet is not junk. Far from it. As such, I'm not gonna sweat the 10% - 20% which is...

*love* this attitude!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    As long as it does not take you over your calorie allotment for the day....eat the peep!
  • lollie1285
    So much wonderful encouragement here. I love it :)
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    i eat it. if i don't let myself eat it... i'll eat 37 other somethings that i shouldn't eat. just eat it. will you deny yourself forever? negative.
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Whenever I have a craving for something sweet I usually bake. Whether it be cookies, cakes or brownies. Typically by the time they are ready to eat I have lost the craving. Needless to say the men I work with love for me to get cravings. May not work for you but if you are having the craving go for it or you will end up eating more of other things to satisfy the one.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    If you feel like eating one then do it, just don't OVERDO it. One or two can't hurt. It's ok to treat yourself every once in awhile.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    I always gave it to my kids to take to work. If its not here I can't eat it even if I want to. Now I don't buy it. If the kids want Candy they can buy it themselves. For easter instead of candy I get gift certificates or give them money. Maybe make the suggestion to Mom for next year. Don't give it to the dog, it could kill them.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Eat it. Just the one. Don't consider any food "off limits". Just realize you can eat the Peep, but don't binge and make sure to note there is not a lot of nutritional value to it. It is not that big of a serving to make you feel guilty.

I have a drawer full of candy at my desk, and I do mean a whole drawer full. I keep it for my two bosses (gotta keep the boys happy!). Since I am not much of a sweets eater, I have maybe 10 peanut M&M's about 2-3 times per week. Now, if you put a bag of potato chips in front of me, I will have it gone in 3 seconds.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Okay, I would love to write something supportive about resisting temptation, blah blah blah... but all that's going through my mind is... they make chocolate covered Peeps now??!!!

I had the exact same thought - and I don't think I could resist trying one - it sounds decadent!

I allow myself a treat daily (for me it's the skinny cow ice creams) - I don't believe in total deprivation dieting - this is all about making healthy lifestyle changes that you can live with long term, and having something you really want, in moderation, fits that type of plan. Just make sure it isn't going to cause you to binge and devour the whole basket - if it will, throw it out (or send it to me so I can try a chocolate covered peep :-) )
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    I would eat it, what I do is just add the calories for any splurge type foods I eat to my cardio goal for the day. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my big weakness and knowing that every full size cup adds about 14 minutes on the treadmill makes me eat them very sparingly but I really appreciate them when I do.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    I think that chocolate covered peeps are a good treat. I keep them around sometimes because they are only 120 calories & super rich. Very satisfying for the amount of calories.
This discussion has been closed.