Vegetarian Recipes

Options
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any good & healthy vegetarian recipes that they are willing to share?

Replies

• HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I use this site ALL the time! Most of them are vegan, but you can make them veggie by using real cheese, milk, etc.

http://vegweb.com/
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    This is a really good tofu stuffed shells recipe....http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1735,159175-249197,00.html
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i just found the "taco stuffers" in the meatless section. Crumbled taco "meat". Put it on a bed of lettece with some guac, and the fage
    %0 greek yougert ( i swear this stuff tastes like sour cream) couple of tomato slices, and i'm set. yummo
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    Here's a favorite side and my fave dessert. The banana cake is so, so good. I sometimes have it with a half tablespoon of peanut butter or chocolate almond spread for a special treat.

QUINOA WITH VEGGIES

A quinoa dish with veggies that's simple to make and even tastes great as leftovers. Add lots of your favorite veggies to what's here as a base. I like to include lots of peppers, broccoli and mushrooms.

INGREDIENTS

Quinoa, 1 cup dry
    Water, 24 oz -or- vegetable broth, 24 oz. -or- No-Chicken Broth, 24 oz.
    Kosher Salt, 0.5 tsp
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
    Garlic, 4 medium cloves
    Bell Peppers Red, 1 medium
    Corn, 0.5 cup
    Ground Cumin, 0.5 tsp
    Oregano, dried, 1 tsp
    Green Onion, 2 stalks

DIRECTIONS

1. Bring the quinoa, water, and 1 pinch of salt to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Once done, drain a mesh strainer, and set aside.

2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until the garlic softens and the aroma mellows, about 2 minutes. Add the red pepper, and corn; continue cooking until the pepper softens, about 5 minutes. Season with cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper, and cook for 1 minute more, then stir in the cooked quinoa and green onions. Serve hot or cold.

6 servings

Per Serving:
    Calories 142
    Carbs 20
    Protein 4
    Fiber 2
    Iron 11
    Sodium 328 (with water)

VEGAN BANANA CAKE

A delicious, moist cake that relies on bananas to create density and texture. Absolutely no animal products included.

INGREDIENTS

Banana - Medium, 4
    Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, 2 cups
    Baking soda, 1.5 tsp
    Kosher Salt, 0.5 tsp
    Sugar 1 cup
    Canola Oil, 5 Tbsp
    Water 2 oz
    Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
    Walnuts Chopped, 1 cup

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.

In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil together, then add the bananas and mash them. Stir in the water and vanilla, and mix thoroughly. Add the flour mixture along with the chopped walnuts, and stir to mix.

Spread in a non-stick or lightly oil-sprayed 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

20 servings

Per serving:
    Calories 134
    Carbs 16
    Protein 3
    Fiber 2
    Iron 4
    Sodium 123
  • cat_chick
    cat_chick Posts: 5
    Options
    http://cauldronfoods.co.uk/recipes/

Tofu is so low in fat and there are some brilliant recipes on here

I make the cheesecake alot but substitute the butter and the cream with low fat versions
  • BeautifulTestimony
    Options
    Super!!!

Thanks all for your help. :happy:
  • BeautifullymeForever
    BeautifullymeForever Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yay I am so glad there are other vegeatarians on here
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I just uploaded my favorite black bean soup! Enjoy!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like mixed veggies flavored with Indian spices. You can buy jars of different kinds in a paste type form at an international food store or a large grocery store. I use my own spice mixtures depending on what I"m in the mood for but I have a large collection of spices. I either use the frozen bag of mixed broccoli, cauliflower & carrots or use fresh if you have them. Serve with rice or better yet, brown rice.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This is my Fav at the moment, as it gets colder this is real big bowl comfort food! :)

Vegetarian Chilli

Black Beans - 2 Cans
    Canned Diced Tomatoes, 2 cans
    Bell Peppers Red - Red Peppers, 2 medium
    Frozen Peas, Corn and Carrot, as much as you like :)
    Onions - Raw, 1 medium
    Heinz - Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 Tbsp.
    No Name - Liquid Honey, 60 g (1 tbsp)
    6 Chilli's - temperature to your liking!

Chop the onion, capsicum and chillis and sautee in some oil until fragrant. Add a couple of spoons of coriander.
    Pour in the Black beans and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Add the vinegar and honey and mix well, simmer for 5 mins, add the frozen vege and simmer for 10.

Makes 8 - 10 serves
    184 - 147 calories per serve (I eat a double serve for dinner or a single for a snack!)

Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche and some fresh coriander
    I like to toast a Pita to dunk in as well

Freezes well
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Oh and another goody I found yesterday - sounds crazy, tastes delicious!

Butternut Nut Butter Soup

* 1 butternut squash, about 800g–1kg
    * 1 large onion, chopped
    * 1 small medium-hot chilli, deseeded and chopped, or a pinch of dried chilli flakes
    * 3cm piece root ginger, grated
    * 1 large garlic clove, crushed
    * 1 small garlic clove, chopped
    * About 1l chicken or vegetable stock
    * 227g jar of crunchy or smooth peanut butter
    * Juice of 1 lime
    * 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
    * Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Halve and peel the squash, then scoop out the seeds and cut the flesh into 1cm cubes. Melt some butter in a large saucepan, add the onion until soft. Add the chilli, ginger and garlic and cook for another couple of minutes. Add the squash, a sprinkling of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
    2. Pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer gently, partially covered, for about 20 minutes, until the squash is soft - you should be able to mash it easily against the side of the pan with the back of a wooden spoon.
    3. Whiz in a blender (or use a stick blender to purée it in the pan) until very smooth; you may need to do this in batches. In another bowl, whisk the peanut butter with a ladleful of the hot soup until well blended. Return this mixture to the soup in the pan, stir well and heat through.
    4. Remove from the heat, add the lime juice and coriander

I like this best with crunchy peanut butter so you get actual nuts in the soup. But you can use smooth instead!
    Serves 8 - 247 Calories per serve
    Freezes well :)
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/suzieqdiva/view/spinach-lasagna-rolls-94911

This is a low calorie version at 170 cals/portion. I made the whole fat version for Easter & the bowl was wiped clean.