Is it only me or is there other woman like me out there???

Options
For me is almost T.O.M soon and I don't know why around that time and after that time I am always hungry....................BUT just not hungry (STARVING) no matter what I eat I want more and even when I feel full tank I still grave for more. I usually like to eat chocolate, icecream, potatoes, junk but I will also eat anything,................. And it actually PISS me off because I know I am over doing it but I am so HUNGRY I can eat a HORSE. (NO JOKE).

I don't know if anyone out there feel the same way like I do? or am I the only weird woman in this plannet so HUNGRY around that time. I know about being moody and (*****Y) is normal but why the (HUNGRYNESS)

If any will want to give me any advice of what can eat during that T.O.M or any ideas of what can I to not feel so HUNGRY. It will be so helpful. I honestly feel that around that time I will gain all I have lost and then have to restart all over. Grrrrrrrr

6540321.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    For me, ravenous appetite means I'm not getting the nutrient that my body needs. My body wants to keep eating until I fulfill that nutritional need that's not being met.

TOM would probably be iron.

Check in to that... :flowerforyou:
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    I happen to be having my TOM right now... I don't get quite as ravenous as my daughters do, but I do get hungrier. I try to just drink more water when I get an attack. If I can't satisfy it with that, I add in a meal replacement shake. I had to do that just yesterday... honestly, I think being hungrier during TOM is our body trying to take in more iron for what's lost. Just my thoughts...
  • Lisabackontrack
    Options
    You are not alone! I'm exactly the same way but lately I'm trying to eat healthier snacks instead of the chips and chocolate and junk! I'm not sure you'll ever find a way to avoid this situation altogether, but if you do - LET ME KNOW! haha!
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    You may want to get your thyroxine levels checked.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I get like that too. I have no advice, but just know you are not alone!
  • ms_blonde_2008
    Options
    I'm the same way! I am always more hungry around the T.O.M. and always want to snack on food through out the day. Since i'm new here (on 2nd week), I think I am gonna try to drink more water during this T.O.M.. I've read a lot on here about how drinking water makes you feel full.
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That's totally me this week! I jusy make sure all the extra stuff I am eating is healthy and make sure to burn the extra calories! We'll see what my weigh in tomorrow says about my plan! Lol. Also, I try not to keep that stuff around so I won't be tempted to east it!
  • mllowe2
    mllowe2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am the same way...I am soooo hungry the week right before mine! Since I started loosing weight, I just try to talk myself through it...sounds silly but it's been working the last couple of months! Hang in there!
  • debdptg
    debdptg Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree that the first thing you should do is take an iron supplement and pound the water. Then, if you are still hungry, plan your snacks. If you know what you are going to eat and when, it can be easier to avoid bumps or mis-steps. I like Edamame cuz it is filling and you can eat it like popcorn - just munch and munch. I put a lot of salt on mine which is very satisfying - but that means I have to drink more water to avoid the bloating.

Also, do NOT get on the scale during the TOM - wait at least a week to let the water get out of your system. It will just discourage you, and won't be a true record of your progress.

Good luck -

Deb
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    For me is almost T.O.M soon and I don't know why around that time and after that time I am always hungry....................BUT just not hungry (STARVING) no matter what I eat I want more and even when I feel full tank I still grave for more. I usually like to eat chocolate, icecream, potatoes, junk but I will also eat anything,................. And it actually PISS me off because I know I am over doing it but I am so HUNGRY I can eat a HORSE. (NO JOKE).

I don't know if anyone out there feel the same way like I do? or am I the only weird woman in this plannet so HUNGRY around that time. I know about being moody and (*****Y) is normal but why the (HUNGRYNESS)

If any will want to give me any advice of what can eat during that T.O.M or any ideas of what can I to not feel so HUNGRY. It will be so helpful. I honestly feel that around that time I will gain all I have lost and then have to restart all over. Grrrrrrrr

6540321.png

Seriously --- that used to be me!!! Always hungry always trying to lose weight. Try the Tony Thurman 6 wk or the God's diet it helps with super hungry appetites. I am hardly ever hungry and down 30 pounds without much effort. I was eating the wrong foods [you will have to cut loose the junk food though]. However, the reason I ate junk food was because I was starving and it was quick. I eat a lot of meat, potatos, fruit and veggies now and am in a size I thought I would never see again!!!!! Check it out -- it might be an answer for you. Best of luck :happy:
  • kosh02
    kosh02 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh you are not alone, I have my days (today being one of them) that I could just eat and eat and not get full!! It makes me so mad but I also find the more exercise I do I get that way so my body just may need more at times.
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,725 Member
    Options
    totally that way - so bad I'll sometimes shake
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I'm exactly the same way but lately I'm trying to eat healthier snacks instead of the chips and chocolate and junk! I'm not sure you'll ever find a way to avoid this situation altogether, but if you do - LET ME KNOW! haha!

Wow I thought I was all alone on this one but I see that is more commun then what I thought. Thanks Ladies alll your advices is apreciated. I will try and do the water thing but as it is I already drink alot of water, But about trying to eat healthier stuff instead of junk sound like an good idea

6540321.png
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    Oh you are not alone, I have my days (today being one of them) that I could just eat and eat and not get full!! It makes me so mad but I also find the more exercise I do I get that way so my body just may need more at times.

I hear you, Iam just that way too

6540321.png
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    I've had those feelings before - but not every month. I think it was the pill I was on - b/c since I quit taking it (3 months ago)- I haven't had that problem. But basically - you aren't alone - I've heard of plenty of women of all ages,shapes, and sizes - who have increased, even insatiable appetites before their period.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Don't fret, you are NOT alone! Half the time when TOM comes around I think I'm pregnant because of how much I'm eating. And I also want junk. But honestly, it's like no matter how much I eat I'm never satisfied. It's so frustrating and I have NO clue how to stop it. All I can do is lend a shoulder to cry on! :cry: :flowerforyou:
  • micki59
    micki59 Posts: 25
    Options
    Me too!! And I'm at a time in my life where i get it every 3 weeks usually :ohwell: boo-hoo. I am RAVENOUS and nothing seems to fill me up. Yes, I too try to eat healthier snacks/meals, but nothing satiates me. I would love to know the solution to this also.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm the same!! But lately, I've been adding chick peas and other legumes to my eating habits and the cravings have lessened. Since they are a very high source of fibre and iron (and protein!), they may be the answer to these problems! If you're not fond of them, you can chop them up into small pieces and add(ie: sneak) them to dishes and they will blend in. You can even puree them into sauces... :wink:

Hope this helps!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    No I'm like that.I need really sweet lemon slices or sugary treats which are not waist friendly. Other times McD's fries are the only thing that will calm the cramps. Thats my excuse...I'm quelling the cramps like medicine :P
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    I'm the same!! But lately, I've been adding chick peas and other legumes to my eating habits and the cravings have lessened. Since they are a very high source of fibre and iron (and protein!), they may be the answer to these problems! If you're not fond of them, you can chop them up into small pieces and add(ie: sneak) them to dishes and they will blend in. You can even puree them into sauces... :wink:

Hope this helps!

THANKZ EVERYONE YOU MADE ME FEEL BETTER, NOW I KNOW I AM NORMAL LOL

6540321.png