confused with popcorn serving size

Options
2»

Replies

• paul977
    paul977 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow that had me too. I was putting the 6 cups popped when in fact a bad severing size was 2 damn them lol.. well 180 isn't that bad of a snack. microwave popcorn from Target Market Pantry 94% Fat Free
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I am SOO relieved that I am not the only person who had a hard time understanding this!! lol I seriously felt like an idiot at the grocery store trying to mentally calculate the calories on a popcorn lable. I've just been buying the 100 calorie bags because it saves me the frustration of trying to figure it out!! :)
  • joysb
    joysb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How many total calories are in one of the new Pop Up Bowls of Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop 94% fat free? 240?
  • Nelly_J
    Options
    BUMP...Love popcorn, so I need a clear answer!!!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Microwave popcorn typically gives you the nutritional information before being popped for the entire bag, and then the info for 1 cup of POPPED popcorn. So a typical regular bag of popcorn is 2-4 cups for that's 2-4 servings. You need to muliply the info by 2 if you eat half a bag.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Microwave popcorn nutritional information remains one of the great mysteries of life.
  • RunnerPrincess
    Options
    Hmmmm.......anyone else hungry for some popcorn? :happy: