Jillian Michaels ripped in 30

Options
lkm28
lkm28 Posts: 17 Member
OK so I've been saying that I'm not a fan of working out...but everyones posts are so motivating. I'm not a huge fan of the Turbo Jam that I have been trying to do (a little to "dancy" for me). So I just went to Target on my lunch break and purchased Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Anyone ever try it? I like the thought of the work outs being on the shorter side yet still getting good results....

Replies

• mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    :smile: There is a "Ripped in 30 May Challenge" thread if you search for it. Stay motivated!
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have her "30 Day Shred"...I get bored easily, so I throw it in with a few other regular workouts over the course of the week. It's pretty intense. The workouts are shorter, but you have to really put in the intensity. No cheating on form, and no resting. Task master, that girl is.
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've never tried JM but I';ve heard great things about it ! I've done Turbo Jam and TurboFire and have had amazing results! The key is to KEEP PUSHING PLAY! :) Best of luck!
  • mamato2babes
    Options
    Are you familiar with her 30 day shred DVD? It's very similiar. However, while I'm able to do Level 3 of 30 Day Shred without too much difficulty, I found that Level 1 of Ripped in 30 was MUCH harder. I was very sore after the workout, and though I'm not doing it consistently (I alternate running days), I have aleady noticed more definition in my arms and thighs.

I also like that there are 4 levels to this new DVD, which means I won't get bored with it as quickly!
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did 5 days of week one and plan to start day 1 of week 2 today. Its prettyintense and I can really feel it! A lot of people say that they dont lose weight on this but lose inches...so take measurements before you start it. :) I have noticed a litte bit difference but nothing crazy yet. :) I lov eJM, she is a beast and keeps you going. My 8 year old daughter even trys to do it with me. :)
  • BigStizaff
    BigStizaff Posts: 4
    Options
    As long as you go 100% through the whole video you'll get the quick hit workout burn. Some days that's all you need to do to get your metabolism started for the day. Make sure you try to do your workout within an hour of waking up. It keeps your metabolism going strong throughout the day. Good luck and God bless!!
  • shelligrasso
    Options
    I got the DVD last week - two days into it and I couldn't walk!! I wish there was more ab work and less leg work (she sure loves her squats!!). I was just sort of trying it out, but now I'm ready to REALLY START. I just went grocery shopping and pre-made lunches for the next 3 days. I think it's great to see the different views of this DVD. I'm not giving up. I need to lose 35 pounds this year. Going to do the work out 5 to 6 days a week, plus brisk walks.

Going to log in every day and keep track!!

Good luck, all!!!! :flowerforyou:

Shelli

7413954.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shelligrasso
    Options
    Day 1 - at least this time I didn't throw up. Last week I did the video for a couple days. I got really sick afterwards the first time. I toned it down the second day, but I was so sore i could barely move (my legs only - too much leg work, not enough abs). Also, she keeps saying that all she's asking for is 20 minutes. After 30 minutes, I'm still waiting for it to end. So I have to get up earlier than I thought I would. 5:00 AM is really early for me!! (single mom and all). It's going to be a very tough ride. It's already 6:25, so I'm going to have a very hectic, rushed morning. Probably every morning.

Feeling a little discouraged.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I started with the 30 day shred. After a while you feel comfortable with it and want to change to something new. I got the Ripped in 30 to try. I'm on level 2 and it is definitely more of a challenge. I'm glad I started with the 30 day shred though. As you do regular push ups, etc for that and the Ripped is more advanced.