Reviews on George Foreman Grill

Options
lbetancourt
lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
since starting MFP, i have really begun opening up my eyes to not only what i am eating but also my kids. thanks, MFP!! I am actually cooking a lot more at home too, thanks again MFP!!!

Anyway, I am curious if any of you all have the GF grill?? Was thinking of getting one but wanted to get some opinions.

Feedback is appreciated. :)

Gracias!!

Replies

• regentin
    regentin Posts: 60
    Options
    I love mine! I even have one at work for quick, healthy lunches!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have one, one of the small ones ( it really only holds one chicken breast ), and I LOVE it. LOVE IT. But, I love it for one person, making stuff just for me. I know they have bigger ones, that would hold more food, so you'd need one of those since you'd be cooking for more people.... but... you have an oven/stove, I assume, which can do basically the same thing, so I wouldn't get one.

I know, I'm contradicting myself, I love it but telling you not to get one? Haha. Just for feeding multiple people, I think they'd be more of a pain or you wouldn't use it as much or you have an oven/stove you could use anyway so why waste the money.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Love mine. I make cheeseburgers on it all the time. My burgers lose 40% of their weight, so I have a feeling there isn't much fat left in them. I attempted steaks on it once, but they were too thick, so I had to butterfly and splay them.
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I use mine all the time! Absolutely love it! I want to get one for work also to use. Besides cooking meat in it, I make wraps or sandwhiches and then put it in the GF.....kinda like a pannini! MAkes the sandwhiches so yummy!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I love mine and use it almost every day! Best thing you can buy for you and your family, plus you lose a bunch of the fat while cooking:love::love:

Bonus is that it can cook a frozen hamburger in 3 minutes to well done!:drinker:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Love and wouldn't be caught without owning a George Foreman grill!!! Highly recommend one! You can actually watch the fat drip away from the meat. And it leaves it so juicy instead of dried up. Makes meats taste better and way healthier!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Love it use it at least once a day - husband and kids love it too!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Mine in uni was before they had removable grills and they were only white. This meant it was never fully clean/sanitized and burnt brown up the back, ew.

Ive had a Cuisinart Griddler now for the past 3+ yrs. Whatever you buy, make sure it has a removable grill surface to sanitize in the dishwasher but honestly you’ll end up soaking them in the sink to get their cleanest.
  • miclavd
    miclavd Posts: 15
    Options
    I have one, but do not use it as much as I should. I love it when I do though! I prefer to grill now that it is nice out.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Love it! My mom wanted to give me one as a gift for years but I thought it was useless. I finally bought a small one a few years ago and it has been the best kitchen appliance ever!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have one, one of the small ones ( it really only holds one chicken breast ), and I LOVE it. LOVE IT. But, I love it for one person, making stuff just for me. I know they have bigger ones, that would hold more food, so you'd need one of those since you'd be cooking for more people.... but... you have an oven/stove, I assume, which can do basically the same thing, so I wouldn't get one.

I know, I'm contradicting myself, I love it but telling you not to get one? Haha. Just for feeding multiple people, I think they'd be more of a pain or you wouldn't use it as much or you have an oven/stove you could use anyway so why waste the money.

There are 5 of us at my house. I love cooking on mine. We do mainly burgers in the winter on it. I just hate to clean out the little trap that the grease falls into. We have a bigger one. I got it at a yard sale in the box! for.... 3.00! I can do 5-6 burgers on mine at 1 time.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I use mine all the time. I stopped putting it away because as soon as I did I had to get it out again. HOWEVER--I would rather have a real grill. The GF is so hard and annoying to clean.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I use mine atleast once a week. It cooks food pretty quickly too! And though I also have a small one, they make larger ones, with the ever handy removable plates, for families. I find mine is PERFECT for my turkey burgers and for pork chops. They come out cooked all the way through and much juicier than they do on the 'normal' grill.

If you're still not convinced I'd ask a friend or family memeber if you can borrow one for a week or two...that way you can try it out and see how you like it.

**note** this is a great fat cutting cooking method...that being said ALWAYS spray the plates with your misto/pam because stuff WILL stick and especially without the removable plates (like I have) it can be a bear to clean the nooks and crannies.
  • jimswife1
    jimswife1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well worth buying just for the healthy aspects. I have a larger one that I can use for my family. My teenage son uses it as well and I don't have to worry about the house getting burned down, bonus.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have a huge family sized one and I LOVE it! Yes, I do have an oven and a stove top but that doesn't make me use it any less. The GF cuts fat from burgers, chicken, sausage and basically any other meat you put on there. I also like to grill up my asparagus a bit after I steam it or bake it to give it a little crisp. We also make sandwiches (paninis) in there, grilled cheese, you name it! There's only 2 of us so even though we don't really need the large one it works really well in case you need to make more. Very easy to clean up and use as well! I recommend them to anybody who asks!
  • lawilgus
    lawilgus Posts: 21
    Options
    I also love mine! It is like cooking a chicken breast in half the time! (they cook from both sides at the same time)

I also tend to buy whatever meat is on sale (poor college student, what can I say?) but I never really feel bad because I make them patties and cook them on the George Foreman and voila! the fat is gone!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love mine! I use it to make chicken breasts, chicken sausages, and lean burgers mostly. I don't recommend it for steak - I always use a very lean cut of meat when I make steak anyway, and they come out a little tougher on the GF so I make them in a cast iron skilett or on the grill in the warmer months. I have had my GF over 5 years and it is still running strong!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I have the family sized one with the removable plates. It is OK. It is true that it removes a lot of the fat--to the point that the meat tastes dry to me. And even with the removable plates, it is still a pain to clean. Sounds like I am in the minority, though. Most people posting seem to LOVE theirs. GIve it a try.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I wish i could borrow one but don't know anyone that has one. pooo...

My interest is cutting back on that nasty grease!!!

Thanks all for your feedback!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    We have the super-sized one to fit enough to feed my family of 4. I know that clean up isn't so bad, but I REALLY hate cleaning that thing! because of that, I don't use it often. If I had the one with removeable plates, I might use it more often. I also do not like that it has only one temperature, but that's just my opinion. Over all, it's farily easy to use and pretty versitle.