where are...

Options
khodges15
khodges15 Posts: 114
Who here is a hunter?! i myself am personally not, but i come from a huge family of hunters. Turkey season just opened up (as i sit here and enjoy Dad's fresh catch atop some brown rice :) ) Anybody else harvest anything yet this season?

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    We haven't hunted in years, but now have two boys that are old enough to hunt, so hubby is hoping to bring home a moose this year. We do a lot of fishing - trout, salmon, halibut, rock bass and yellow eye. Haven't done any yet - will soon. My mouth is watering just thinking about fresh trout.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My family grew up on a farm so we raised and slaughtered our own animals. I've never been hunting, but wouldn't mind if I had a place and some freezer room.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My son is the hunter in the family...no turkey yet this year. But we have had fresh deer and duck!
  • khodges15
    Options
    I know my dad sometimes wishes i were a boy so he could take me out hunting hahaha. And every boyfriend i bring home we try and turn them into hunters too!! lol
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My husband is a big hunter. Turkey season just ended for us, and we enjoyed his turkey along with a hog he killed for Easter. It was soooo good. He also shoots white tail during deer season, and axis all year since they're exotics. We get the deer processed into ground meat and steaks, and freeze them to eat throughout the year. Last night I made tacos with the ground venison.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Grew up hunting with my dad and brothers. Now I don't hunt, main ly because I don't have time and I am always feeling too lazy to go with them anymore. They take week long hunting trips, too cold and too far form civilization for me to enjoy anmore.

I still hunt for a good bargain on ribeyes at the store.
  • khodges15
    Options
    Grew up hunting with my dad and brothers. Now I don't hunt, main ly because I don't have time and I am always feeling too lazy to go with them anymore. They take week long hunting trips, too cold and too far form civilization for me to enjoy anmore.

I still hunt for a good bargain on ribeyes at the store.

Hahahaha :)