Favorite Bread

Options
Hi- I'm looking for suggestions on a good bread for sandwiches. I've tried all the low call whole wheats and they just don't fill me up. I'm looking for a medium calorie, satisfying whole wheat/ whole grain bread that tastes good! Any tips?

Replies

• StephanieRN
    Options
    Hi- I'm looking for suggestions on a good bread for sandwiches. I've tried all the low call whole wheats and they just don't fill me up. I'm looking for a medium calorie, satisfying whole wheat/ whole grain bread that tastes good! Any tips?
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I always buy L'oven Fresh Oat Bran bread...it's 70 cals per slice and is neither too light nor heavy..they sell it only at Aldi grocery stores..and it's cheap.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I like Arnold brand...they are hearty and even have one with 6g protein per slice. I am a fan of breads with a lot of texture...the flimsy light stuff feels like cotton :sick:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I like Nature's own, double the fiber
    Nature's own light wheat
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I love the arnold 15 grain bread...it's 110 calories a slice which is high, but it's good for you and it tastes awesome. Also, I find one slice fills me up more than two of the diet bread slices.
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The one I eat is Wegmans Low Fat Wheat but I know thaat there is no Wegmans near you yet.....I think Weight Watchers bread are really good as well. I get their bagels and I will eat like lunch meat on them or have one for breakfast and they are totally low cal.
  • Baigle2003
    Options
    We usually get Freihoffer's 100%whole wheat. It's delish! I'm not real thrilled with low cal bread, so we just go for the whole wheat and know it's good for us.
  • mdcroft
    mdcroft Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree about the Arnold's 15 grain, it's delish! I've heard (but never tried) that ezekiel bread is a great option also...
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    FLAT OUT wraps are AWESOME! The only have 90 cals and are very yummy!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I like Nature's own, double the fiber
    Nature's own light wheat

I 2nd the Nature's Own Light they make white, wheat and honey wheat. I eat the honey wheat and it's only 80 cals for 2 slices.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Dempster's 100% whole wheat bread for me. 90 calories for 2 slices and it's really nummy. :tongue:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna third the nature's own. I like the honey wheat.
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Do you have a deirberg's market? They have a Wheatberry bread that is just DELISH!! :tongue:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I like Arnold brand...they are hearty and even have one with 6g protein per slice. I am a fan of breads with a lot of texture...the flimsy light stuff feels like cotton :sick:

I completely agree. (and with the cotton comment) My fave is Arnold's 100% whole wheat(smooth texture).100 calories per slice, 4g protein for this one.

Enjoy:flowerforyou:
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love the Arnold bread too but I've recently switched to Pepperidge Farm Soft Style Wheat (45 cals/slice) and Pepperidge Farm Carb Style Whole Wheat.
  • JennyGetsFitness
    Options
    I love the Arnold bread too but I've recently switched to Pepperidge Farm Soft Style Wheat (45 cals/slice) and Pepperidge Farm Carb Style Whole Wheat.

My favorite too - used it now for 8 months and does not wear our on me!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I am a white bread fan, so keep that in mind when I say Sara Lee Honey Wheat doesn't make me miss white bread at all. It's so soft and taste very good....its 80 calories I slice which I wish it was lower, but I was eating a different wheat that was 35 a slice but tasted nasty.
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've become a fan of Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat tortillas. Tons of fiber, texture and flavor are fine, they're stretchy and adaptable for sandwiches, and they work nicely as a pizza crust (just spray the bottom with a bit of Pam, bake it on a cookie sheet).
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options

I like the Arnold's Double Fiber 100% Whole Wheat. The other day my husband came home with some Sara Lee Whole Wheat and it was good, but I still prefer Arnold's.