MiO

Options
Anybody else try the new "liquid water enhancer"? I've tried a couple of flavors, the berry pomegrante, peach tea, and mango peach. Delish. I would recommend for sure. I would however change the cost of this product. Friggin $3.99?!... Holy Cow Batman.

Question however - is it okay to drink flavored waters as opposed to regular water? I mean i drink regular plain water at the gym, but the rest of the day im drinking flavored...

Replies

• Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    WATER IS ALWAYS THE BEST....I FLAVOR MINE WITH WITH LEMON SLICES OR CUCUMBER SLICES....I DON'T USE ANYTHING WITH HIDDEN SUGARS OR FOOD COLORING....
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    I use Crystal Light and want to try MiO.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I agree with mr broken caps lock that plain water is best.

But I have and use Mio also. Plain water is not enough for me sometimes, I probably flavor less than 50% of the water I drink with it.

The reason its so expensive is because it has 24 servings in it compared to the 10 that crystal light has (thats why crystal light is so much cheaper)

I personally like it, and it has no artificial sugar

Crystal light has aspiritane (sp?) which is bad for you and Mio doesn't
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    the strawberry watermelon is great! My kids have even been drinking it some. Artificial, yeah... but still better than kool-aid in my opinion.
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm OBSESSED with the Sweet Tea flavor... I go through a bottle of that stuff a week!!!
    As for Mio, I see no problem with it. It has no artificial sweeteners in it or any of the bad stuff that a lot of the flavor packets do. I have a few friends in the medical industry who agree with that, as well.
    I like plain water, but our tap water here tastes gross by itself and I can't afford to continuously by bottle water. Brita filters are nice, but we use so much water that I'd have to replace the filter in it once a week. A bottle of Mio is cheaper...so that one wins. :)
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Anybody else try the new "liquid water enhancer"? I've tried a couple of flavors, the berry pomegrante, peach tea, and mango peach. Delish. I would recommend for sure. I would however change the cost of this product. Friggin $3.99?!... Holy Cow Batman.

Question however - is it okay to drink flavored waters as opposed to regular water? I mean i drink regular plain water at the gym, but the rest of the day im drinking flavored...

While I agree that pure water is the best for you, it's just not feasible for me to drink plain water all the time. Everytime I've tried to give up "fake sugar" I've ended up giving up and having some sweet tea or some other sugary soda. So I do every other 28 oz of water is pure water, and every other is flavored. works for me :) (my water bottle is 28 oz) but about mio, me and my honey love it!!!! and just a little of it still makes the water tastes pretty good!!! and alot of it, and it tastes just like some real sweet kool aid (my boyfriend likes sweet koolaid) yes, it's expensive, but we bought one bottle of it, and it has lasted for going on two weeks, we normally would of already went through several boxes of crystal light.
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I freaking love MiO! I have tried all the flavors and haven't been disappointed with any of them. I drink water all day at work and when I get home and on the weekends I really want some flavor. It gets so boring just drinking plain water all the dang time! LOL
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I had a coupon for it, so decided to try it, it was a $1 off and on sale at Target too! I agree, obviously plain water is best for you, but I would go crazy if that was all I drank. I usually make one glass a day with the mango peach mio. Sure, lemon slices and what not are healthier, but this is still better than grabbing a soda! Plus, how much do lemons cost and how many would you go through to have 24 servings, or whatever it is?
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have the Fruit Punch and it tastes great to me. I use it when I am tired of drinking plain water.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    I bought MIO in hopes of getting me to drink more fluids/water every day. I normally have coffee in the morning and coffee in the afternoon and maybe a glass of water in the evening...bad I know. I loved it and apparently my kids did too as when I went back to use it again-it was gone:angry: . I think it is great for kids who lean towards soda and koolaid.