NEGATIVE CALORIE FOODS

Options
2»

Replies

• Myssrenee
    Myssrenee Posts: 24
    Options
    Call me naive, but I honestly did not realize that there are calories in pretty much EVERYTHING that you eat...Something as simple as a grape, or carrot...I am learning A LOT with MyFitnessPal...and it makes me very aware of what I’m putting in my mouth and how much.
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i"ve always wondered abot "negative calories"
  • Atticusjackson
    Options
    Check out the article I linked to in this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/226926-negative-calories-foods about this topic, one of the best laid out ones on the subject I've found.

Thanks Wolf, that's perfect. It seems like all of it is great theoretically, but in practice it's just kind of silly.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I would think that the calories we burn to digest food is being figured into our BMR, so if you don't count supposed "negative calorie foods" you are double dipping so to speak.

THIS!
  • paul977
    paul977 Posts: 11
    Options
    saw this topic and though I would talk to my trainer about this. He agreed that some foods take more calories to digest the foods then consumed however you still need to enter them as you need the nutrient information as well as its better to over estimate the calories you consumed then under estimate. The bigger the deficit the more easy the pounds will fall
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    1429754-1253930_this_thread_again_super_super.jpg
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Ice water has this effect. Water has zero calories, and the colder it is the more energy it takes your body to warm it up to body temp. Energy is calories so you actually burn calories with ice water.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness guys! I think this is taking counting calories a little too far... Just eat your fruits and veggies and consider them freebees... dont' start making this more difficult than it is...

Count your calories, don't stuff your face, eat as many veggies and fruits as you would like and exercise... HONESTLY!

Negative calories??? next thing we know, people are going to be sitting on ice blocks so their body's have to work harder to bring their temperature back up to normal.

Lets be realistic about this now.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I wish bacon was a negative calorie....
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I wish bacon was a negative calorie....

haha and chocolate!
  • nomorethan90
    Options
    honestly i don't believe in 'negative calories' as such.
    eating food is part of your bmr and so any calories burnt by digesting fruit and veg is counted in that.
    all food has calories, just sometimes they're so low that they're not worth thinking about.