The Difference Between iPhone and Android

Options
2»

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

LuckyLeprechaun - can you...load a different operating system? Access and write to any file on your phone? Block callers on root access? Take a screen shot of your phone? Tether without paying for the service (although this may not work anymore)? Overclock your phone?

different OS.... IDK, I have no issues with the one I have, so I'd never think of this.
    access and write to any file on my phone...again, IDK. Sounds like something I would not likely do or try to do.
    block callers on root access...I just hit ignore if I dont wanna talk, lol
    take a screen shot....yes I actually know how too, you press both the front and the top buttons simultaneously.
    tether...IDK what is that?
    overclock...IDK what is that?LOL

Sounds like the stuff I "can't" do is either something I have never heard of or something I don't need to do anyway haha
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    LuckyLeprechaun - can you...load a different operating system? Access and write to any file on your phone? Block callers on root access? Take a screen shot of your phone? Tether without paying for the service (although this may not work anymore)? Overclock your phone?

Jester,

I think the answer to your questions is "Yes" -- as long as you root your iPhone, which is how you were able to do it on your X. Trying to compare an out-of-the-box *anything* with an aftermarket / rooted / supercharged thing is an unfair comparison...!
    From what I have read...and mind you I have 0 experience with the iPhone, even jailbroken you are limited. Mind you this is coming from a droid x user with a locked bootloader, so i should not be throwing stones.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    *Sarcasm alert* thank the maker for smart phones, how did we ever live without them. I was always getting stuck in traffic while running late to a movie due to a change in the weather. If only there was some way I could have avoided all that. *this has been a test of the sarcasm network, in the case of real sarcasm, make you way to the shelter* :laugh: :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i get it, I was just pointing out the convenience factor...very funny:huh: :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    ...and since I am picking fights

http://imgur.com/Efy4t

and

http://imgur.com/KVaBb
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    name something my phone can't do, or I can't buy an app to do.

Can't do it. :noway:

iPhone love:heart::love:

Scan barcodes in myfitnesspal?

Use Swype? Swype is amazing.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I love Swype...

I would totally make out with my Droid X if I could. I love that damn thing and I can't do any of the cool, geeky stuff that Binary can do.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    ...and since I am picking fights

http://imgur.com/Efy4t

and

http://imgur.com/KVaBb

<rj thinks to himself....how can i get the most simple thread pulled?...oh, I know! *lightbulb* <evil grin> .... starts typing>
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    :devil:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    I...am just the messenger.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I...am just the messenger.

the prophet of debauchery.
    :devil:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    iphone.jpg

TAKE THAT! HA! smiley-level1_don009.gif
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Apple as a company is the world's largest tech company by market capitalization, and trades around 13x EBITDA, considered a bargain by most analysts.

Apple as an innovator has created and transformed devices time after time. iPOD.

The iPhone is the best phone I've ever owned.

My employer has provided me with a smartphone since 2001, my first was a Samsung i700 running Windows CE. It was a piece of crap by today's standards. But I had a data plan, could surf the web (kind of), and got my email. Since then I've had another Windows phone, a Blackberry, and a Droid.
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hilarious.

And I too LOVE my Galaxy S Android phone.
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    BUMP!

LOVE my Google G2 powered by Android!! <3