Net calorie consistency - are you hitting your target?

Options

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Although I'm glad MFP provides these reports, I think providing the results in a graph vs. excel spreadsheet type of document doesn't give a very good picture of your results. Because I'm a numbers person, I took my actual daily results and put them on a spreadsheet over the past month - I can really see where I did well - what time of month I was out on Vacation and not following my eating guidelines.
    It would be REALLY NICE is MFP provided the reports in such a way that they could be exported to a spreadsheet with the actual numbers - not just a bar on a graph.

Anyway -Taso.... thanks for the reminder to check the reports.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    It would be REALLY NICE is MFP provided the reports in such a way that they could be exported to a spreadsheet with the actual numbers - not just a bar on a graph.

TOTALLY AGREE (i even used all caps!)
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    netcalories.png

About a week ago I upped my calories from 1200 to 1300 net. You can't even tell :(
    Mine is so uneven and often below where I should be. No wonder I'm on a plateau.

Edit: Changed the graph so it's fully visible.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I love MFPs reports - I often use it to get a picture of how my carbs, protein intake etc is. And I think it's much easier to see that at a glance on a bar chart than on a spreadsheet :smile:

Net cals I don't look at cos I don't log all my exercise.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Holy shock.
    Mine was like positive/negative/positive/negative.
    That was intense.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My 90 day report is almost a straight line of perfection (with one spike to take in the universe's best fried chicken)

Untitled-1.png
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    My 90 day report is almost a straight line of perfection (with one spike to take in the universe's best fried chicken)...Now, if I was just smart enought to copy/paste it into this damn thread, I could prove how f*****g awesome I am!

Lol. Ctrl+Shift+Print Screen [saves screenshot] > Open Paint > go to Edit > Paste > select area to crop > Cut > open new file > Paste again > Save As... > upload to online database of photos > go back here > upload img file > ??? > Success.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    cas.jpg

I feel like I'm doing pretty well! I see why I had such trouble losing weight during the end of Feb and all thru March - I wasn't eating enough :wink:
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    How do you get the graph of the net calories overlaying the calories eaten on the same graph?
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My 90 day report is almost a straight line of perfection (with one spike to take in the universe's best fried chicken)...Now, if I was just smart enought to copy/paste it into this damn thread, I could prove how f*****g awesome I am!

Lol. Ctrl+Shift+Print Screen [saves screenshot] > Open Paint > go to Edit > Paste > select area to crop > Cut > open new file > Paste again > Save As... > upload to online database of photos > go back here > upload img file > ??? > Success.

You're the man! Had issues with Photobucket...had to make the IMG and img in the link code...
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    WOW. okay so I thought I was doing ok??

You can tell I just started at the beginning of April and you can tell the two spikes were Easter- how do I get more on the ball??

netconsumed.jpg
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I took a look at mine and it's all pretty consistent except for one weekend when i went out of town and went nuts. Crazy how it turned out that way.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    With all of you posting, I figured... why not. My screen capture thing didn't get the bars in it, so I did a photo. Dang Firefox add-on.

The other part that is missing on the right is more of the same. Feb. was when I upped the exercise on top of my running and just couldn't eat that much every day.

Don't know what happened on Feb. 3rd.... Hmmmm

DSC00041.jpg
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I think maybe the first day is just displayed incorrectly. Feb 3 on many of the graphs posted here is negative, even when we are consistently awesome in the rest.
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Wow, I've only been doing it a couple of weeks, but its a pretty wild rollercoaster ride. However, I have posted a weight loss thus far. I need to invest in a good HRM so I can really know how many calories I burn when I exercise and eat accordingly...
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Screenshot2011-05-03at44809PM.png
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Cooool topic! Unfortunately I haven't been logging, well, hardly at all lately. I'm waiting til my first paycheck when I can start buying food again!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hope this works, I never eat back my exercise calories, and now I understand how extreme that is :noway:
    Also I can remember that giant intake day - my anniversary and DAMN those jack daniels ribs were soooo worth it!! :happy:
    Some of the ones that go under 500 are pretty scary!

Picture%201.jpg
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    How do you get the graph of the net calories overlaying the calories eaten on the same graph?

the Gimp (an open source program like photoshop)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My 90 day report is almost a straight line of perfection (with one spike to take in the universe's best fried chicken)

Untitled-1.png

Just an FYI: The minimum Net cals for a man should be 1500, unless you are quite short. I notice you are under this amount most days. The 1200 is for women