Wine, if you still drink it has it hurt your weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a glass or three of wine a few nights a week. I have not found it to be too big of a deal, but I also am 6'5", 230 lbs.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    When I go out with the guys for beers I'll either have Miller Lite or Coors Light (limit two) and log them in MFP. If I'm out for drinks I'll go the gin/vodka tonic route and log those two; with a slightly higher limit :-)

I log the intake and I haven't seen my loss impacted as of yet. Happens about once a week or once every two weeks.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    IIf this was a "diet" which I was doing for, just as an example, three months, there's no way I'd "cheat" by drinking wine, because after all I could have as much wine as I wanted after the diet was finished... And we all know how well that one goes in the long term!

BUT this is eating more healthily for the rest of my life, and I'm not prepared to never drink wine again.

TourThePast - you raise a very valid point. If this is to be a long term life style change, you probably need to find a more doable solution than just completely giving it up. I like bcattoes solution - bargain with yourself - you have to work for it.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I switched to Vodka, and also drink rarely these days - I found that it DEFINITELY messed with my ability to lose weight. I think that, with most things, alcohol, exercise, BMR and the various effects are different for different folks... Vodka doesn't bother me - a single glass of wine (a day for a week) would cause me to not lose a pound even though I was under my on my weekly calorie intake...

And yes - I miss my Bordeaux like you wouldn't believe LOL
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    A glass of wine daily is really healthy and if you love it I would add it into your daily diet and make small changes to remain at the same calorie intake.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I drink almost daily, and I've lost 21 pounds in 4 months. I didn't drink for about a week when I hit a plateau, and it may or may not have helped me (I did a few other things differently that week, too). I aim for about 1,600 (net). I burn about 300-500 in exercise, and usually "drink" my exercise calories. I figure I'm exercising in order to drink. LOL. (No lectures, folks... my hubby is in the bev. industry, so it's part of our lifestyle.)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I changed my habits so that I have 2 days a week alcohol free, 2 where I don't drink before 9 pm...and I'm still working on the other 3!

It hasn't impeded my weight loss, but I always had that (cutting it down further) as the ace up my sleeve if I needed it.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I have a 1/2 glass of wine 3-4 days a week. I add it into my calories and don't feel it has slowed my weight loss at all. I truly enjoy sipping a little wine while cooking.