How important is drinking all of your water?

Options
Does drinking the water greatly increase weight loss? I know it is very beneficial for your body, but I am just curious about how much it assists in the weightloss.

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Extremely important. Most of our hunger pains are actual from us being dehydrated and it helps flush all the toxins and all the sodium out of our systems...
  • BrokenSpirit
    Options
    IM JUST STARTING MY JOURNEY HERE, BU T I KNOW ITS PART OF IT,,, ELIMINATE TOXINES, HELPS FLUSH BAD STUFF, KEEP YOUR TUMMY MORE FULL, LESS HUNGRY, BODY WILL NEED IT, I NOW THE COLDER THE BETTER, AS YOUR BODY IS MAKING HIS OWN ENERGY TO" WARM UP" THAT WATER BEFORE DOING WHAT EVER HAVE TO BE DONE WITH IT,,,, SO ICE IT UP, AND DRINK IT LOTS,,I KNOW I AM, AND WILL SEE RESULTS AS I CANT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS.... SO RAISE YOUR WATER, AND CHEERS,,LOL
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    VERY important!! If you struggle with keeping your sodium under 2500mg of sodium, you'll be bloated and drinking water helps that. LOTS of water helps that.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    VERY Important...can't emphasize enough how important it is.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    very important.
    being hydrated makes a huge difference to me.
    I feel better, I don't feel "hungry" when I'm really thirsty.
    I recover faster.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I say it is very important from personal experience.

I followed a very similar diet plan to the one I currently follow in the past, but did not pay attention to water. I lost weight, but slowly and I was working out sometimes 3 times a day with some form of activity EVERY day. I was also always hungry (even after I ate back exercise calories.)

This time around, I have been almost militant with my water intake. making sure to get no less than my 8 glasses a day and often more. I have lost the weight faster and I have, literally, only worked out 8 times since April 6th when I joined the site. And those were easy workouts, a bike ride here, an hour in the pool there (I do love to swim and bike and do it for fun, not for fitness per se). I have been losing weight easily (down 11 pounds in 22 days). I am not hungry anymore ... I have found that I often mistook the feeling of thirsty for hungry. I am definitely aware of the difference now.

I have read that drinking distilled water is even better than other types (I currently drink reverse osmosis water) because it bonds easily with waste and toxins in our system and helps flush them out. I don't know about any scientific data to support this, just relaying information I have come across. I may switch to distilled for a few weeks and see what happens.

Anyway, my .02 - Water is a must!

~Namaste
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I've always had a hard time getting all my water in...in the beginning, I was getting only 4-5 glasses a day. The past couple weeks, I have been making myself drink at least 8 or I'm not allowed to go to bed. I have noticed a significant difference in the amount lost...