I'm new, I'm starving, please tell me this works!!

Options
2»

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Im a little bit confused.....mfp tells me my allowance is 1220 per day (not including any exercise cals - which i do eat back most of the time) but it also tells me my BMR is 1370....so surely 1220 is way too low??? :huh:

I think MFP's goals are a starting point. Since everyone is a little different - you have to tweak it a little to try and make it work for you. MFP wanted me to eat around 1750 calories -- well, I know that's too low for me since my BMR is in the 1450 range. So, I tweaked my calories until I found something that works. I've upp'ed my calories to 2000 and it seems to be working. Personally, I feel as though eating less than your BMR is asking for starvation mode to kick in.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    You will learn to eat a lot in those 1200 calories and stay full if you don't want a rumbling stomach all the time! It is a system shocker though (which can be a good thing!) so if it really bugs you, you can start slower with like 1400 and then drop to 1200 after you adjust to 1400 and don't feel starving there.

And, depending on what you have to lose, you might just need to go for 1/2 lb per week or something. I can't go under about 1400-1500 or I get tired and cranky after a few days! (that's pre prego... now... well... I'm just tired and cranky in general! :laugh:)