My dad :)

Options
EmilyAnn89
EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
just wanted to share my dad's success story with everyone because i am SO proud of him!!

he started eating healthy and working out the first week of january this year. the company he worked for started a biggest loser challenge, and whoever wins gets the prize money of around $350. he started at 190 and today he weighed in at 150!! he has lost 40 lbs. and he looks GREAT! he is 42 years old and probably in the best shape of his life! he still enjoys all the foods he wants, just in smaller portions. diet and exercise does NOT have to be hard, if you want to make the change, and you are motivated you will succeed!

he is going to be my inspiration this time around. my aunt just started her own biggest loser competition and i joined. $50 to get in and i can win $400! even if i don't win, i don't care. in the end i will win the gift of health and that's what matters most to me.

Replies

• Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    Way to go to you and your dad! Best of luck in both of your weight loss journeys!
  • FatBastard6135
    Options
    Wow, great Story!!

I have noticed a lot of companies doing the biggest loser challenges, and good luck on your road to $400!!! :bigsmile:
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That is a great story. He should be proud.

I am about his age and its nice to hear these stories. :-)

Good luck to you on your journey!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options

he is going to be my inspiration this time around. my aunt just started her own biggest loser competition and i joined. $50 to get in and i can win $400! even if i don't win, i don't care. in the end i will win the gift of health and that's what matters most to me.

You hit the nail on the head!
  • FIRSTMENSCH
    FIRSTMENSCH Posts: 11
    Options
    how tall is your Dad ?
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job dad!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Very awesome for your dad! And what a terrific daughter you are!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of your dad too!

That's one of the things I want to do for my kids, set an example. I'm a bit mean though. I told my oldest daughter that when I reach my goal weight I will only be 10 lbs. heavier than she is. :)

Now my son who is much taller is worried too. I'm only 10 lbs. heavier at this point. He's taking notice.
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    inspiring story.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    that's great! ish my family would do the same!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thats great. Congratulations to him. Thats what it's all about!
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That is soooo cool!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, thanks for sharing with us!
  • EmilyAnn89
    Options
    how tall is your Dad ?

my dad is around 5'9 - 5'10
  • EmilyAnn89
    Options
    I'm proud of your dad too!

That's one of the things I want to do for my kids, set an example. I'm a bit mean though. I told my oldest daughter that when I reach my goal weight I will only be 10 lbs. heavier than she is. :)

Now my son who is much taller is worried too. I'm only 10 lbs. heavier at this point. He's taking notice.
    [/quote

that's exactly how i felt! i weighed in at 148 the other day and i'm 9 inches shorter than my dad. that was definitely a wake up call!
  • momof4Oneal
    momof4Oneal Posts: 18
    Options
    I loved that you posted about your dad, my brother! As he gave me the inspiration to do this as well. I am very proud of him & of you for making this commitment with me! WE can do this!

Love you,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!