Unmotivated.

Options
I have gone back and forth with this program for the past couples days. I am hoping that from here on out I can stick to it and get the summer body I have been craving.

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. At different points in our journey we have all felt like this. How much weight are you trying to lose? Have you adopted a exercise regimen yet? Don't calorie restrict just make healthier choices and try to stick to that at first. Get some exercise in even if its just a walk around the neighborhood. Baby steps.

Good luck!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think everyone feels like this from time to time. I know I did after I went through a round of injuries and hadn't been going to the gym regularly. It was tough to get motivated to go again (I do think some of it was fear of ending up hurt again though). There were days I literally FORCED myself to go. You know what? After a week, I felt great and was happy I'd forced myself back.

Set realistic smaller goals. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You'll fail if you try and set unrealistic goals. Come up with a reward system for yourself.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. At different points in our journey we have all felt like this. How much weight are you trying to lose? Have you adopted a exercise regimen yet? Don't calorie restrict just make healthier choices and try to stick to that at first. Get some exercise in even if its just a walk around the neighborhood. Baby steps.

Good luck!

I love this and agree... Don't calorie restrict just yet - make the healthier choices and stick with that first. Sometimes it can get overwhelming thinking of all the changes you SHOULD make... So take it one step at a time. Try making healthier choices first... Then start really tracking the nutritional values in those choices, and attack one item at a time (i.e., sodium, sugar, etc.). Later on, build up how much water you drink.

Then later, add a little exercise 2-3 days a week... Try a few DVD's out (borrow some from a friend or a library to find ones that you can really get into) or visit a gym with a friend or join a sports league of some sort. The key there is to find something you enjoy!

Don't let yourself get overwhelmed. It's all about the baby steps and finding what works best for you. You'll get there - I promise!! I just celebrated my one-year anniversary last Sunday. It was a TON of hard work and a lot of trial and error... But soon, you'll be too looking back at the progress you've made - and you will be amazed and proud!
  • Andi1977
    Andi1977 Posts: 7
    Options
    I know I do. Sorry ,but all out of magic words to make motavation "POOF" into existence. But I'm good at listening. My hubby thinks so anyway. Keep doing littles things everyday. I know how easy it is to not do good for you stuff. I'm soooo the Queen of excuses. But just know your not alone! :bigsmile:
  • monkeygirl36
    Options
    Yes you are not alone. I have had a complete blow out last 3 days due to over training at the gym. I agree with Desirai, small steps is definately the way to do it. Im so knackered all i want to do is re-fuel my body at the moment. Good lesson learnt for me.........DO NOT over do it! Must get back on track tomorrow and enjoy the way it feels to not eat junk :-) Good Luck :-) and Desirai I am in complete admiration of your weight loss you must be so pleased. :-)
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    Ask yourself what's stopping you. What are your excuses? Why is this important to you? Why do you want to change? Whatever is stopping you - what is the payoff?
  • twentythreeweeks
    Options
    I'm brand new today. These are all good comments I'm taking to heart!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I have gone back and forth with this program for the past couples days. I am hoping that from here on out I can stick to it and get the summer body I have been craving.

It is hard to stay motivated... that's for sure... I've been on the wight loss track for about a year now... I still have a long way to go and am working myself out of an unmotivated state that I've found myself stuck in of late, but you can do it... Every time I look in the mirror and see how far I've come I know you can do it ;)
    Hang in there and if you ever need a motivational boost - let us know - I know I plan to utilize the friends I'll hopefully meet on here for just that purpose :)