If you're bored.

Options
Read my new post on my blog and tell me your thoughts. The boyfriend's comments kind of triggered something in me and I just felt like rambling.

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/anhnguyen06

Replies

• food_junkie
    Options
    Read my new post on my blog and tell me your thoughts. The boyfriend's comments kind of triggered something in me and I just felt like rambling.

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/anhnguyen06
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    How do you get a blog on this site??!?!!
  • food_junkie
    Options
    How do you get a blog on this site??!?!!

myfitnesspal.com/blog/USERNAME
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I glanced at your blog (heading to bed...too sleepy to read in full, so I may be off base) but I will say this. You know what is in your heart and what your intentions are and what helps you stay on track. If your bf says things about you that you feel are not true it might be time to examine your relationship (or not...?)

In high school my then boyfriend of two years told me that the only reason people liked me was because I had long blond hair. :grumble: He became an ex boyfriend that day.:noway: That day I also cut off my hair. Amazingly, I did not lose any friends.:wink:

My only actual point - if you are comfortable with your pictures and they help you stay on track with your fitness goals (I've not looked very closely, but nothing seems offensive or against the rules to me) then do what helps you.

good night.:flowerforyou:
  • littlespoon
    Options
    I have read your blog and I can absolutely relate!

My sister was always VERY skinny, and even though I was slim, I felt chubby, and my Mum has always (and still does) say I have a bigger frame.
    Now this is very frustrating, because I know I dont.
    My body changed heaps when I was 20, and I did alot of walkin, but didnt do any dedicated exercise and had a desk job, and I was 100lbs. (I then had a child, and was only 116lbs by the time she was 4months old - again, no dedicated exercise).

I am also 5ft 3, and currently 122lbs, and aiming for 110. SO many people have said to me that I dont need to lose weight etc etc, but its all relative!

One woman actually had the nerve to say to me "Oh what, have you just stopped eating?"

You go for it - I think your progressive motivations pics are excellent.
    Sorry to rant, but great blog.
    :)
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Read it not because I was bored but because I was interested. And I just want to say that I'm impressed by you. You're doing great. Maybe your boyfriend just doesn't want other "people" (guys maybe) looking at your hot little self. But you're not conceited. What's the saying? "If you've got it, flaunt it!". If he got a promotion because of his hard work on his job, wouldn't he be telling people? Your body is your accomplishment. Share the success. We love it!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I don't feel that 130 for 5'3" is unhealthy... :frown: If it is... :sad: :sad: I still have a TON more to lose and will have to adjust my goals. :huh:

I'm only 5'2"....
  • food_junkie
    Options
    I don't feel that 130 for 5'3" is unhealthy... :frown: If it is... :sad: :sad: I still have a TON more to lose and will have to adjust my goals. :huh:

I'm only 5'2"....

Oh Princess!! I should have stated it more clearly..I have NEVER been super muscular so at 5'3..I was a lot more fat that I was comfortable with. From the looks of your pics (of your tummy :love:) you seem to be more muscular..and thats not a bad thing. I have a girlfriend who is 5'3 and she is probably around 130 but looks good because a lot of it is muscle. I should have said "on my 5'3 frame".

I am honestly sorry..I did NOT mean to offend you or make you question your goals at all! Please forgive me!
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Read it not because I was bored but because I was interested. And I just want to say that I'm impressed by you. You're doing great. Maybe your boyfriend just doesn't want other "people" (guys maybe) looking at your hot little self. But you're not conceited. What's the saying? "If you've got it, flaunt it!". If he got a promotion because of his hard work on his job, wouldn't he be telling people? Your body is your accomplishment. Share the success. We love it!

Thank you!! :smile:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    I have read your blog and I can absolutely relate!

My sister was always VERY skinny, and even though I was slim, I felt chubby, and my Mum has always (and still does) say I have a bigger frame.
    Now this is very frustrating, because I know I dont.
    My body changed heaps when I was 20, and I did alot of walkin, but didnt do any dedicated exercise and had a desk job, and I was 100lbs. (I then had a child, and was only 116lbs by the time she was 4months old - again, no dedicated exercise).

I am also 5ft 3, and currently 122lbs, and aiming for 110. SO many people have said to me that I dont need to lose weight etc etc, but its all relative!

One woman actually had the nerve to say to me "Oh what, have you just stopped eating?"

You go for it - I think your progressive motivations pics are excellent.
    Sorry to rant, but great blog.
    :)

Thank you, its nice to know there is someone on this site that has been in my shoes. It just gets frustrating because I feel like people don't think I take this seriously..but I do. Oh well..
    You were 116 AFTER having a baby?! Holy crap. I am 120 now and am pretty excited..I couldn't imagine being 110!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    First off, you need to ask your family to stop calling you "fatty". Even though they are just joking it is not helping you in any way. Just tell them that you are working really hard and maybe it is time to change your nickname to reflect how you are now (that is not about looks or your body).
    And you boyfriend is probably just a little insecure that you are doing so well. He is probably scared of losing you. Guys can be so dense sometimes and say hurtful things just because they don't know how to deal with their emotions. Just reassure him that you aren't going anywhere and you are just wanting to improve yourself, for you only.
    That being said, you are doing awesome. And you are absolutely right about everyone's wieghtloss being realitve. (this is something I just recently understood) I have a friend who I think is tiny and would love to trade places with her at anytime but since beginning this journey I am learning that everyone has their areas they want to work on. Instead of looking at her as one of "them" now, she has become a great workout buddy and someone I can share knowledge with.
    Keep up the good work, you are looking awesome!!
  • tashjs21
    Options

I'm only 5'2"....

You are :smokin: hot lady!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I added a comment on your blog, but I guess I can post it here too....

I know your story all too well! I am 5'2 and my heaviest was at 141. I felt like a huge person, because it was for me. My friends were upset that I joined WW because "I didn't need it". What they didn't know is that my extra 21 LBs on my frame was just like the extra 50 or so for them, ya know? My mom is Korean, and she says whatever she sees.... so I got to hear it that I put on weight after HS. I did the same yo yo dieting in college and trying to make it a lifestyle change, not a diet. I still eat pretty healthy when I am slipping, I just dont count portions whatsoever! I am back this time to lose 16 lbs to get back to 120. I have always hated my stomach and not sure if I will ever like it, but I will try! I'm trying to get rid of my body image issues before I have kids. Last thing I want to do it make them have them for their whole life, it is torture. I loved your post and agree and know where you are coming from, keep those pics posted, all that matters is that it motivates you. He can't understand that right now. My hubby never did either because he told me he always thought I was beautiful. What a good hubby answer. :0)
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I'm awake now. :smile:

My feelings are still the same, but I might be able to express them more clearly.

You look beautiful. Your photos are not inappropriate. You weight loss (and even more importantly) fitness and health goals are all right on target. You've taken into account your body type, and your family history with weight and food. You are claiming responsibility for your health and appearance and doing it in a very healthy way. "Good on you." as my dh would say.:drinker: Keep up the great work and the great attitude.:flowerforyou:

What bothered me last night, and still does, is that it appears that the bf is trying to bully you into doing what he wants (taking down the pictures) by calling you conceited. You know you are not conceited so you feel bad... It totally seems like his own insecurity that he's trying to push onto you. You know him, I don't, but take a good look at the overall picture and see if this is part of a pattern or a one time thing. If it is part of a pattern then....

proceed_with_caution.gif
  • food_junkie
    Options
    I'm awake now. :smile:

My feelings are still the same, but I might be able to express them more clearly.

You look beautiful. Your photos are not inappropriate. You weight loss (and even more importantly) fitness and health goals are all right on target. You've taken into account your body type, and your family history with weight and food. You are claiming responsibility for your health and appearance and doing it in a very healthy way. "Good on you." as my dh would say.:drinker: Keep up the great work and the great attitude.:flowerforyou:

What bothered me last night, and still does, is that it appears that the bf is trying to bully you into doing what he wants (taking down the pictures) by calling you conceited. You know you are not conceited so you feel bad... It totally seems like his own insecurity that he's trying to push onto you. You know him, I don't, but take a good look at the overall picture and see if this is part of a pattern or a one time thing. If it is part of a pattern then....

proceed_with_caution.gif

Thank you so much for the kind words! Yeah my boyfriend is somewhat of a bully huh..oh well that will be for another blog entry.

:flowerforyou:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the kind words! Yeah my boyfriend is somewhat of a bully huh..oh well that will be for another blog entry.

I saw your post, read your blog and was not going to post until I read this. As others have said, your pics are appropriate and if they motivate you, that's all that matters. My first thought when reading your blog was your bf was trying to exert emotional control, your last post (quoted) makes that point crystal clear.

Life is too short and difficult to be with negative people; it just makes the journey harder and kills your soul bit by bit. You're young, get out now - expect more from your partner. Cheers......Mike
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I read your blog and looked at your photos, All i can say is you look beautiful and sexy!I think your boyfriend as some jealous issues.He should be happy for you! (DOES HE NOT KNOW THIS IS A WEB SITE FOR WEIGHT LOST)!!!! You can show us we love to see!
  • tashjs21
    Options

I saw your post, read your blog and was not going to post until I read this. As others have said, your pics are appropriate and if they motivate you, that's all that matters. My first thought when reading your blog was your bf was trying to exert emotional control, your last post (quoted) makes that point crystal clear.

Life is too short and difficult to be with negative people; it just makes the journey harder and kills your soul bit by bit. You're young, get out now - expect more from your partner. Cheers......Mike

:drinker: :drinker: Here here!
    I just entered the world of singledom for this very reason, those little negativities and personality clashes eventually wear you down and the real you doesn't shine through as bright.
    A secure man would be proud that his girlfriend is looking so hot and would love the fact that she is making herself healthier.
    But communicate with him and see what his real issue is.
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive words everyone! Its nice to know some people understand and take me seriously.

Jessica -- Being asian sucks sometimes huh? Lol..I feel like asian cultures have a tendency to be so much more ...blunt haha.
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    well read your blog, and from the sounds of it either your bf is being a jerk because he is one, or he's being like that because he's insecure about the relationship. lol if i had a smokin hot girlfriend who was posting her pics on the internet, and i had some insecurities about the relationship, i'd probably want her to take the pictures down as well. basically gotta probe the male mind and find out where the feelings are coming from, if it is insecurities, why is he insecure about things? if he really thinks that way, why do you put up with it? and thats my 2 cents, you're doing great, remember you are doing this for yourself, so if anyone else doesn't like it, too bad for them :happy: