the first NSV I felt greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat about!

Options
About 1 1/2 years ago, I bought a bike ($99 special @ Walmart-don't laugh, I'm cheap! :happy: ) and me and my fiance (boyfriend at the time) started riding the Rail Trail by his house...

Last year, we would only do a little over 3 miles, and it somewhat was a struggle for me...at times I felt like my heart was gonna POP right out of my chest...:embarassed:

WELL, this year, we took our first 2011 bike ride...shortly before I posted this story about my 40 lb loss:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/229009-pics-40-lbs-down-almost-halfway-to-goal

Anyways, when we did it this time around, we biked over 14 miles (!!), and let me tell you, it was like A PIECE OF CAKE!! Most of the way back even had a slight incline (which my fiance was complaining about), and it didn't even really affect me at all!

That felt soooooooooooooooo good! I was thinking HOLY CRAPOLA! there would be NO way I could go that far last year!!!

I was a little sore the next day (as I don't think I have EVER biked 14 miles in one sitting), but no pain, no gain, right? lol

(just wanted to share)

What are you able to do now that you weren't able to do before??

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    awww, that's awesome! actually almost made me cry a little! i felt great recently when I realized that I've been able to run or exercise without getting so sore that I can't run or exercise for 4 days afterwards, ha ha! i am bouncing back so much quicker!!
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    That's how I feel about running. I took it up last year around this time and it was a struggle to get up to half a mile without stopping. Now I've done several 5ks and I'm thinking of pushing myself up to a 10k.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Last year I could run steadily for about 2-3 minutes... this year I can run constantly for 50MINUTES!

WHABAM! haha I have improved sooooo much !
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Super! You are in fabulous shape!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

I actually hadn't ever had a NSV before, but last Thursday I realized that doing the SAME Zumba class I do every Thursday wasn't NEARLY as difficult as it was all the times before. I was amazed at how I was doing the same intensity as I always have and my heart no longer felt like it was going to explode! I was amazed!
  • KristiGuard
    KristiGuard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I sat in my chair at my desk and I looked down and I could see the seat on both sides of my behind. I didn't take up the whole thing anymore!!!
  • rebeccajoy
    rebeccajoy Posts: 45
    Options
    Great job!!!! That is amazing!!!! ;-) I bet your fiance is really proud of you! ;-)

I was able to run 2 miles solid yesterday with my sister!!! I have never run 2 miles just running before, I would have to walk. And I did it in 22 mins and 45 secs!!! Was so happy! especially since I beat my sister - who is fitter than me!!! (she is shorter) I was sooo happy! Can't wait to run a 5k with her!

Cheering you on!!! ;-) Keep up the amazing work!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Last year I could run steadily for about 2-3 minutes... this year I can run constantly for 50MINUTES!

WHABAM! haha I have improved sooooo much !

Wow! that is great! (and I love the WHABAM! lol)...I need to start jogging here and there...once I get the guts to start!
  • baypathgradLyns
    Options
    That's how I feel about running. I took it up last year around this time and it was a struggle to get up to half a mile without stopping. Now I've done several 5ks and I'm thinking of pushing myself up to a 10k.

Wow! I hope I will get to that point some day!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!

Running. If you would have told me 18 months ago that I'd be on a treadmill jogging or running -- I would have LAUGHED at you. Now, I do it 3-4 days a week (some days are more jogging than running, but.. hey...).
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome!
    I just bought a bike the other day and rode it home (10 min drive), uphil half the way and it was a piece of cake. I kept having flash backs to the last time I rode (high school) and how exhausting it would be. Bike riding is so much more fun when you're on your way to being fit :)
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I know a couple of years ago I was hiking in the Smokey Mountains and had to stop about 1/2 to the top and let my family go on without me. I seriously thought i was going to have a hear attack. Now I can not only keep up with them wherever we hike but I can set a pace that they can't always keep up with! It's an awesome feeling to know you can do it and not have to worry about how strenuous something is!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great accomplishment!
  • baypathgradLyns
    Options
    That's wonderful! I know a couple of years ago I was hiking in the Smokey Mountains and had to stop about 1/2 to the top and let my family go on without me. I seriously thought i was going to have a hear attack. Now I can not only keep up with them wherever we hike but I can set a pace that they can't always keep up with! It's an awesome feeling to know you can do it and not have to worry about how strenuous something is!

That is a great NSV! I hope to climb a mountain at some point...me and my fiance plan on starting off small and see how we do...
  • baypathgradLyns
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome!
    I just bought a bike the other day and rode it home (10 min drive), uphil half the way and it was a piece of cake. I kept having flash backs to the last time I rode (high school) and how exhausting it would be. Bike riding is so much more fun when you're on your way to being fit :)

I agree...I definately enjoyed it a lot more this time around!
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i used to HATE to run (as you know) but the first time i ran for an hour straight (it was tough, but i just kept going) i remember thinking HOLY CRAP, i did this!!!! and then when i finished my first half marathon i was sooo shocked and proud b/c if you had ever told me i would run and like it i would have told you were crazy!

so proud of you and all you've accomplished!! we will have to go for a bike ride next time in town :)
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. I love riding my bike, but after a little bike accident I get scared of other people in their cars and on their bikes....That's a great accomplishment!

I want to get back into biking again, hopefully this summer!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Go super woman! Bike riding is an awesome workout, not sure I could do 14 miles though. Congrats!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    You go girl! That is awesome.

The main thing that I can do now is play with my son. Last year at this time when we were outside, all I wanted to do was sit in a chair and watch him play. Now, we play together or I do yard work or play with my dogs. It is amazing the difference in the way I feel now vs then. I never knew losing the last 20 lbs would make such a huge difference. I will NEVER go back!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!