MFP Runner's Club - 8/22

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 4 miles at an easy pace this a.m. Only 64 degrees this morning! I wanted to run forever. However, the real world was calling.:grumble:

Shout out this morning to Shannon. I hope your foot gets better soon. :drinker:

-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 4 miles at an easy pace this a.m. Only 64 degrees this morning! I wanted to run forever. However, the real world was calling.:grumble:

Shout out this morning to Shannon. I hope your foot gets better soon. :drinker:

-Kechie.
  • rhosmon
    rhosmon Posts: 3
    Options
    I got in 71/2 this morning. Good run! Hot here though.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Good morning my Running Friends!

Today is rest day for me. I did just over 6 yesterday that I forgot to write about....It was the kids first day of school so we were up EARLY running to get done before the day of craziness!!

Tomorrow is long run day.....only 3 weeks left until the 1/2 marathon so have to get in at least 11 miles in the morning. Lord help me!

Happy Running and Resting today!

Ali
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good Morning runners:

No run for me today, it is legs and back workout.

Have a great day!

Carol
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    3 wonderful miles this morning!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I ran late last night, 6 miles! I'm going to play basketball today with the college that I played for. Going to take it easy because I have a race tomorrow!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing Legs & Back w/ Carol! No run this morning, it was raining!

Tomorrow will either be a run or long bike, haven't decided yet!

Have a great Friday!

Jess
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Great going on your runs Kechie, Ali, Angie & Slender! :drinker:

I'm gonna get my bike out for the first time this summer & give it a go tomorrow morning. Wish I was running though. :smile:

Good luck with your 11 miles tomorrow. Get up early & get 'er done! :flowerforyou:

Thanks, Kechie! :heart:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    No run today.

Weights at lunch time.

Saturday: maybe a 5k time trial at a track.

Sunday: long run of 8 miles at 9.30 pace.

Stay safe all.
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    3 miles for me this morning. One mile warm up and two miles at race pace. It felt really good. I think P90X has been whipping my legs into better shape.

We are moving today. I hope to have enough energy left later for my core synergistic workout. Good job everyone and good luck to those who have not run yet.

JD
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    3 miles for me this morning. One mile warm up and two miles at race pace. It felt really good. I think P90X has been whipping my legs into better shape.

We are moving today. I hope to have enough energy left later for my core synergistic workout. Good job everyone and good luck to those who have not run yet.

JD

Good job, JD and good luck on your move! :flowerforyou:

{just googled} so the p90x is a series of work out tapes, is that right? I get soooo bored/sooo quick with exercise tapes. :ohwell:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    No run for me, giving my knee a rest. Played volleyball with kids and my better half last night on a sand court and did something to myself that I am feeling today.

Shannon, I may have to use some of your medicine today! :drinker:

Nice runs everyone, I'm off to rest..grrrr
  • JennyGetsFitness
    Options
    Good morning, runners!
    I used to run a lot but scale down because I switched to toning and was successful losing weight witht that.
    But this morning I tried to run intervals for 2 miles and was nice.(My Plantar Fasciitis seems quiet so far)
    Anyone does that?
    What do you use to time intervals?
    Thanks!
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Morning!

Great going on your runs Kechie, Ali, Angie & Slender! :drinker:

I'm gonna get my bike out for the first time this summer & give it a go tomorrow morning. Wish I was running though. :smile:

Good luck with your 11 miles tomorrow. Get up early & get 'er done! :flowerforyou:

Thanks, Kechie! :heart:

Thanks Shannon... I will be on tomorrow early with a wonderful story or crying and licking my wounds. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: HAVE FUN ON THE BIKE!

Ali
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Ahh rest day... man do I feel lazy. But, in a good way:bigsmile: Gotta give the leggers a rest every now and again, thinking about hitting the sheets early and getting up to run while it is cool outside.. would be a nice change! So, wish me luck and off to nighty-night!
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Good morning, runners!
    I used to run a lot but scale down because I switched to toning and was successful losing weight witht that.
    But this morning I tried to run intervals for 2 miles and was nice.(My Plantar Fasciitis seems quiet so far)
    Anyone does that?
    Thanks!

Hi there,

When I run intervals I use a running watch then later I can input my times and pace into a running log.
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I ran 4 miles
  • JennyGetsFitness
    Options
    Good morning, runners!
    Anyone does that?
    Thanks!

Hi there,

When I run intervals I use a running watch then later I can input my times and pace into a running log.

Thanks! What brand is your watch?
    (Was running so many years and managed not to buy a single trinket ! WOW, me!)
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Good morning, runners!
    Anyone does that?
    Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks! What brand is your watch?
    (Was running so many years and managed not to buy a single trinket ! WOW, me!)

Mmmmm, Freestyle Xterra. I also had a Timex Ironman or something like that. I don't invest a lot of money in watches as I only want them to track laps, not make my coffee as well. :bigsmile:
  • JennyGetsFitness
    Options
    Ha-ha - I hear you!
    I don't want my watch to make toast for me as well!
    Thanks!