I have a rant >:(

Options
HartJames
HartJames Posts: 789 Member
I have a rant about people rant (in particular on their blogs) and then delete any comments who disagreed with them leaving only positive and agreeable comments. What the eff is up with that? Nothing worse than people who complain endlessly about people who complain endlessly (ironic I posted this, no? Lol).

Replies

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It's their blog. Pretty sure they can treat it however they like,
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    That's why I don't like facebook. :laugh: okay, that and the hundred other reasons.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yes, its their blog and a place to vent. They can do what they want.

Maybe they just dont want/need the negativity...
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    The reason we have blogs is we can say whatever we want!!!
  • HartJames
    Options
    You are captain obvious. Congrats. Not the point.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You can tell in a sentance if it's a rubbish blog, just click out and move on...
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options

You are rude. Congrats. Was that the point of posting? :laugh:
  • HartJames
    Options
    True, anyone can say whatever they want. Including myself, here. My comment to the person was in no was negative it was respectfully disagreeing. I was not the only one who disappeared. I find it dishonest. Whatever, more amused than anything.
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    And if you dont like the blogs dont freaking read them....OBVIOUSLY!!!!
  • HartJames
    Options
    Wow! Relax chica.
  • spaztastic13
    Options

You are rude. Congrats. Was that the point of posting? :laugh:

AGREED...HOW RUDE!!!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    It's their blog. Pretty sure they can treat it however they like,

DITTO!!!
  • HartJames
    Options
    You can tell in a sentance if it's a rubbish blog, just click out and move on...

Indeed, and I do! Love to read the blogs and enjoy the comments as well. I was disappointed to see that in a particular blog with many comments (the ones I am drawn to) had any disagreeing comments disappear. They had valid points. I was under the impression that people with open blogs wanted comments and feedback.
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    Ditto to other comments, but also depends on the blog as well. If it's somewhere like here on MFP, people would prefer to only have positive comments and not negative, this is after all the core environment for trying to maintain positivity.. Also depends on the context as well of either the blog or comments..

I hear what you're saying though. In all honesty, I've posted a comment or two normally in haste and then re-read what I've said and deleted the comment myself - sometimes what you try and say doesn't always come across right the first time :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Though we are here to support one another, we are also supposed to be honest with each other, for example yesterday I posted on someone's thread asking if she was staying under her calorie goal did it matter if they were empty calories vs. calories from healthy food. I am sure that she wanted to hear that it was ok, but I told her it wasn't the same and that empty calories have major disadvantages which usually include too much sodium and sugar which is what got me to where I am in the first place. It's ok to leave a comment that doesn't build someone up because sometimes we need to hear the truth that will push us to take the next step. I am forever grateful to a woman from this site who sent me a very truthful personal message not long after I joined the site. She pointed out the flaws in my story which is what led me to kick things up a notch and take this journey seriously. 3 months and 17 pounds later I am SO GLAD she didn't say, "You're doing great! Keep it up!"
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I don't read blogs.
  • Nelly711
    Nelly711 Posts: 52
    Options
    If they don't want to see/read all the comments or have others see/read negative comments then maybe they should not blog?? Blogging in public leaves it open for comments. I read some blogs but I can usually tell the whiney ones from the ones who truly want help and don't mind the criticism.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Well, are we talking about people deleting comments that offer constructive criticism, or are they deleting comments that are just negative and judgemental in a way that's unhelpful? If it's the former, well, their blog, so they can do what they want, but yeah, that's obnoxious. If it's the latter, I don't blame them, no one needs that kind of crap dragging them down.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Wow there is no reason to attack the OP here. I'm sure she is talking about constructive criticism and not the extremely negative comments that trolls write. I agree with her, if people don't want any criticism then they shouldn't make the blog public.
  • HartJames
    Options
    Though we are here to support one another, we are also supposed to be honest with each other, for example yesterday I posted on someone's thread asking if she was staying under her calorie goal did it matter if they were empty calories vs. calories from healthy food. I am sure that she wanted to hear that it was ok, but I told her it wasn't the same and that empty calories have major disadvantages which usually include too much sodium and sugar which is what got me to where I am in the first place. It's ok to leave a comment that doesn't build someone up because sometimes we need to hear the truth that will push us to take the next step. I am forever grateful to a woman from this site who sent me a very truthful personal message not long after I joined the site. She pointed out the flaws in my story which is what led me to kick things up a notch and take this journey seriously. 3 months and 17 pounds later I am SO GLAD she didn't say, "You're doing great! Keep it up!"

I agree. Supporting denial, high fiving dangerous behavior or co-signing something I believe is incorrect is in no way what I'm about. Leading the MFP community to believe that no one disagrees with you in blogs may in part be what has led to such massive amounts of misinformation and confusion amongst fitpeeps- in particular newbies. The dishonesty just doesn't sit right with me. I just think it's a shame that the voice('s) of reason (the ones that is in no way disrespectful or rude as those I could totally see why they would delete) are just ignored :(

The deleted posts were in no way critical, not even in a constructive manner. They were politely disagreeing and providing facts. For the record, what was commented was not negative or unspportive as has been incorrectly assumed.