Should I workout or not?

Options
I am an avid workout person. My delema is that my left heel is sore to stand on. And has been getting worse to sand on when I was at work today. I'm on my feet all day. Last week I was off from work and was hiking/walking (the park i walk in is uneven so I'm up and down and shifting, no smooth path here) about 5-6 miles a day along with Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred. I also went to the mall with a freind and we walked around for a few hours widow shopping. Silly me wore heals ( about 2.5 in). And for the past five days i've done the hiking and the 30 shred

Now I'm not hiking today but I'm debating with myself to do the 30 shred or not. I'm still wanting to exercise just not standing on my feet. But somehow i feel guilty because I'm not going to follow the DVD because I want to stay off my foot to give my heel a chance to recover.

Is this stupid or am i smart for giving my foot a chance to recover?

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Can't you just focus on weights and abs and still rest your foot?
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    Do strength training.
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    I would let your foot recover. You don't want to hurt it even more.
  • MarcoRod
    MarcoRod Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have this dilemma all the time. What I do is look for another exercise that does not affect my injured area. For example, I've been running more lately and my hip is sore. Instead of making it worse or skipping a workout, I found a weight lifting routine which doesn't use my hips and helps me burn calories and builds muscle. The bonus is I don't have the "skipped workout guilt"!
  • chefswife1975
    chefswife1975 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Swim instead. It's incredibly good exercise. You burn a ton of calories in a short period of time and it will give your heel time to heal. Also, it's a full body workout and it's a change in your workout which means that you will probably shed more than you normally would because your body isn't used to it.