The absolute BEST Greek yogurt

Options
kdiamond
kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
I have tried them all - Fage, Chobani, Oikos, Athenos, Dannon, and even the Iclandic Skyi yogurt...but the winner is........

Voskos!!

It is absolutely delicious!! If you haven't tried it yet, you must!

Replies

• MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of that brand. Being new to Greek yogurt, my fav so far is Chobani. I didn't care for the Dannon at all.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    never heard of it where did you find it? I tried Dannon but didn't like it so I haven't tried another.
  • shastacrystal
    shastacrystal Posts: 262
    Options
    I LOVE the Trader Joes brand, it is so think and creamy even for Fat Free!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    never heard of it where did you find it? I tried Dannon but didn't like it so I haven't tried another.

Dannon is the worst!! I found it at Whole Foods and Publix (regular grocery).
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Zoi!! even the plain is tasty. Would work great as a sour cream sub, it's super creamy but no fat. the honey is to die for!!
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Chobani is okay...Fage is awesome!!!!! Haven't tried the one recommended yet. Dannon and Chobani are a little sour...Fage is super creamy and thick and NOT sour at all. None of that yogurt aftertaste!
  • Texaganian
    Texaganian Posts: 67
    Options
    Gimme Siggi Icelandic any day. Not to most people's taste but I think it's great.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Dannon is the worst!! I found it at Whole Foods and Publix (regular grocery).

That stinks I just checked the voskos webpage and the closet grocery store to me that sells it is 3 hours away. Oh well maybe Wegmans will soon carry it.
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Gimme Siggi Icelandic any day. Not to most people's taste but I think it's great.
    I need to re-try this. I prefer the Skyr brand but my boyfriend really liked Siggi's. We'll have to try again.

Right now I'm addicted to Trader Joe's plain non-fat with fiber! Sooo yummy!
  • irridia
    Options
    looked at zoi again lst night and realized why its sooo creamy... its not 0% fat!!!:sad:
  • ashleymcquown
    Options

yes! trader joe's wins! only the full fat plain though....0% tastes funky to me
  • BodyByBrusselSprouts
    BodyByBrusselSprouts Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods is my favorite and another vote for the full fat.
  • shesnotthere
    shesnotthere Posts: 117
    Options
    I have tried them all - Fage, Chobani, Oikos, Athenos, Dannon, and even the Iclandic Skyi yogurt...but the winner is........

Voskos!!

It is absolutely delicious!! If you haven't tried it yet, you must!

Cook's Illustrated rated greek yogurts this month. They liked Olympus best, which is imported from Greece. I have never seen it. Second was Voskos, Brown Cow, and Fage.

I tried an Oikos from Stonyfield a few weeks ago and it was gross. I usually get Fage, but I think I am going to try Olympus or Voskos... if I can find them.
  • irridia
    Options
    I was tempted by brown cow cholcolate, I may try it for a treat at some point. but i still loves me some Zoi
  • flwrgrl11
    flwrgrl11 Posts: 15
    Options
    I LOVE Voskos; super creamy and flavorful! The fact that it is "blended" is an added bonus
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options

yes! trader joe's wins! only the full fat plain though....0% tastes funky to me

I like the 2% one over the fat free one...I haven't tried the full fat one, but I will check it out next time!
  • luv_lite_laftr
    luv_lite_laftr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i make my own- i take the large container of dannon fat free plain and dump it into my sieve lined with coffee filters. One or two days later (depending on what I want to use it for, 2 days makes it almost like cream cheese!) viola! Ususally I take 1/4 cup of it, add 1 tsp honey, and fresh mango (along with some of the mango juice) - it's heaven!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    apart from taste what's the best nutritionally?

chobani is the best tasting for me but damn those sugars and carbs~!