Better than...

Options
I originally posted this as a blog but I would love to hear your "better thans!" So here goes....

Sweating has always grossed me out. I have to have a towel when I work out because I get disgusted when it drips down my face. But I exercise because:

Its better than buying new jeans to only have the thighs wear out and get holes after only a few months of wear.

I hate having to log EVERY DAMN THING I PUT IN MY MOUTH! (insert dirty joke here...lol I said insert! LOL) But I log it all meticulously because:

Its better than feeling trapped in my own body and being winded climbing just one flight of stairs.

I hate drinking water. Never have liked it, probably never will. But I get my 8 cups or more a day....because:

Its better than dying from a heart attack at 40.

WHAT ARE YOUR BETTER THANS???????

Replies

• krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Im better than dying at a young age
  • Danidelion
    Danidelion Posts: 70
    Options
    I hate excercising in any way, shape or form with a passion

but it's better than getting stuck in clothes in the dressing room and crying because I don't want to call for help to get out of them.

I miss soda and thick pieces of greasy pizza, but i'm trading it in for water and vegetables

because it's better than feeling bloated and sick all the time, and winded when I just get up to use the bathroom.

I miss taking long naps everyday, but instead i'm trying to be more active

because it's better than feeling like i'm 50 when i'm 20, and I can't wait to prove every person that ever made fun of my weight wrong by being the sexiest damn thing that ever walked this Earth. lol
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    i hate logging food but its better than my kids watching me die
    I hate counting calories but its better than counting breaths before you have a heart attack
    I hate keeping track of exercises but its better than wondering who will keep track of my kids
    I hate being sore but its better than the headache from wondering what will happen to my medically fragile son!
    So Here's too suffering1 woohoo! LET'S LIVE! :drinker:
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I hate saying no to donuts but its better than becoming diabetic.
    I hate not drinking cokes, but its better than feeling tired and dehyrdated all the time.
    I hate breathing heavy (well most of the time :blushing: ), but its better than never breathing again!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    sorry...looks like I killed another thread :(
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    I miss chocolate and cookie and flavored coffee creams: but saying no to the is better than the headache I suffer with from the sugar. Yes, sugar gives me a horrible headache.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options

because it's better than feeling like i'm 50 when i'm 20, and I can't wait to prove every person that ever made fun of my weight wrong by being the sexiest damn thing that ever walked this Earth. lol

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I hate giving up regular Dr Pepper for Diet Dr Pepper.
    But hey, it's better than ANOTHER heart attack, right?:noway:
  • Famzav8
    Famzav8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I hate the amount of time that planning out my eating takes..... but it will allow me to be healthier and play more with my kids, which is better than just watching the hubby play with them.

I hate weighing myself so frequently, but it's better than ignoring what's happening on the scale until it gets out of control.

I hate getting home later in the evening and sometimes not getting home before my kids go to bed because of going to the gym, but ti's better than leaving them prematurely due to obesity related issues.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's hard saying no when I'm offered a drink...but it's better than a hangover, and the 2am Denny's that is sure to follow...
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I hate giving up regular Dr Pepper for Diet Dr Pepper.
    But hey, it's better than ANOTHER heart attack, right?:noway:

Absolutely!!! You rock!!!
  • Danidelion
    Danidelion Posts: 70
    Options

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!

lo its true! xD