Polar F6 HRM Watch

Options
Someone please help. My hrm is not working and i became so addicted to it i am freaking out.
Its not saying I need a battery and its keeping the date and time fine but my hr is not going up.
I did a 4 mile run/walk today and it said i burned 75 calories and my hr stayed at 65 and i just did the P90X Plyo video and it said my hr was 64 and burned 70 calories.
Should i change my battery or do you think its the strap. Has anyone ever had this problem and went through some troubleshooting steps?

Thanks for your help.
danielle 6875

Replies

• Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Did you make sure it was wet enough on the strap?

Did you change your workout bra? i have one bra, that if i'm too lazy to change, pushes on the strap, if i don't push the chest strap under my bra and makes it stop reading.

I have never had the issues you mentioned otherwise. Hope you can get it fixed, i love mine!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've had issues with it reading my heart rate wrong like that. Usually the pads aren't wet enough. Try cleaning them with a bit of soap and water and make sure you wet the strap before you put it on and tuck it under your sports bra strap. I'll also stop the workout if I notice it's doing that and start it over again on the watch. Sometimes that helps, and I'll re-wet the pads.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Mine is giving me fits also these days. I tightened up my strap today...so tomorrow we'll see!
  • LamarT
    LamarT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like hrm, if you did plyo, u should've burned 800 plus

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]1773853.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • carlfry
    carlfry Posts: 62
    Options
    I agree.. the strap may need to be cleaned and wet. Mine gives me troubles if I don't have it almost soaking wet - drives me insane when I see my HR go from 160 to 80!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too, and it was because the strap wasnt connecting good and wasnt wet enough. Try tightening it and wetting it more next time and see....
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My chest strap is intermittent AFTER I wash it. I go back and clean the contact areas with alcohol, now, and it's fine. Must be a soap film, or something.
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love mine but I have to be sure its very wet...I usually take a paper towel and wet it and make sure its under my bra...then i check to make sure its reading my pulse before I start...ive had a few times when it didnt connect well and didnt give me a reading...but usually does fine when i wet the pads....best of luck!
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    THank you everyone. I will try this am. Keep your fingers crossed.